Poll: Buy n900 again?
Poll Options
Buy n900 again?

As much as I love the phone it would be hard paying $400 for old tech and uncertain software, even tho it is a beast. There's nothing on the market thats topping the N900 imo so I would proabably get a used blackberry or something to hold me over.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i will go for another one.

first mobile computer/tablet device with phone functionality that i have.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
this phone will go on to history as one of the greats with its power, openness, and gazillion f**king quirks.

wouldn't you want to be part of history, again?

i would buy one in a heartbeat. i don't care about the hardware, low mega pixel, no gyroscope etc. this is literally a mini computer in my hand with linux to boot. all my years of using smartphone, this is the only device that has lived up to my dreams.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
To be honest... I don't think I would. If it were 8 months ago, I thought there was NO other phone that suited me. But this my first unlocked phone and, in the US of A, that's rare. I would be willing to drop another $500-600 on a brand new phone but it'll likely be an unlocked Android phone for me next time.

We'll see what Meego's like, though. I do love being the only one on the block with a truly powerful phone. But Meego's gotta BLOW me away in order to make me think Nokia in the future. I love love love Nokia... But... I just... Couldn't.

This handset is about 8 months old. There is simply better hardware out there.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
You bet. I am very definitely not a developer, but there is no other phone I would rather have.
Same goes for me. I wouldn't be happy about having to fork out the cash again, but I would definately buy this phone again. Nothing else comes close imo.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Computer Science student. I'd definitely go with Android/HTC if it happened right now. Maybe MeeGo will turn out good once it's baked, but I won't speculate.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'll buy a new one in view of current low price.

The interesting part I think is to make use of that literally stinking device.

It can a NAS, wifi access point, bluetooth NAP, web server, irc server, MUD server (as if anyone still mudding at all), etc.. Oh it can also run whole day for BT some....free 'clips' so that you can watch it on TV. Of course, you can make it a MP3 jukebox play the songs on your FM receiver in your car via FM-transmitter.

Any more idea?

Last edited by 9000; 2010-07-15 at 04:03.

Too expensive. I'd use my old phone until i save up for a newer meego device

Tags
fanboys' heaven, n900 sh*t smell, take one from a, tmo troll cheap