Active Topics

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
they cant be it's already in the ovi store.

this thread is drifting towards dave999's epic PR1.2 thread.... I dunno why the man is angry and Nokia has a habit of disappointing, so m nt looking fwd to anything.
I have *****ed and nagged so much about the n900 on these forums. I hv no energy left anymore. The upside is, atleast my n900 doesnt drop any calls *sigh*......... Nokia only if you............nokia....*nods his head and walks away quietly*

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Clipped from another thread:

Seems like that no longer applies.
so nokia blogs are now maemo.org?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
Dear Sir, sometimes you have to lift the veil of fanboism devotion and admiration and look at the facts. Trolls post irrelevant information. The community was asked a question and sincerely tried to answer it to the best of our abilities. I for the love of Krishna don't see a single Troll on that board, just people voicing their opinions and trying to answer the question... Whats wrong with that?
what about mms and navigation rants? not trolling at all?

e: imo people are just flushing their frustration about making really bad call when buying the device. Every bit of information needed in order to make good decision was at tmo before preordering began...
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-07-20 at 17:34.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post

e: imo people are just flushing their frustration about making really bad call when buying the device. Every bit of information needed in order to make good decision was at tmo before preordering began...
Yeah?

Did they write about the email client limitations back then? Ovi store issues? That it'll get 'special treatment' for satnav unlike the other symbian handsets? That they'll execute MeeGo than the 'step 5 out if 5' that we all knew and look forward to back then? Disabled vsync? Cherry bomb? The closed parts? The binary blobs?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Yeah?

Did they write about the email client limitations back then? Ovi store issues? That it'll get 'special treatment' for satnav unlike the other symbian handsets? That they'll execute MeeGo than the 'step 5 out if 5' that we all knew and look forward to back then? Disabled vsync? Cherry bomb? The closed parts? The binary blobs?
well, only surprising thing was cherry.

email client was about the same with OS2008 if I remember correctly (only ui reworked)

satnaw had to be bought separately with OS2008, free satnav was announced after N900 was released.

closed parts weren't a surprise, those have been there since 770...

Meego/Harnattan, N900's compatibility to Harmattan was doubted in the first place..
Google Custom Search

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Ok. I think he's angry because in every post someone is speculating about his anger.
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
so nokia blogs are now maemo.org?
No. But you seem to have overlooked the actual point of that statement.

When Apple.com forum members posted about the Consumer Reports, Apple.com removed them. Thus, Apple.com censored those people.

Nokia.com has a blog. When people commented on Nokia's blog, Nokia removed those comments. Thus, Nokia.com censored those people.

I think it's clear now. If not, I'll gladly explain it more deeply.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
well, only surprising thing was cherry.

email client was about the same with OS2008 if I remember correctly (only ui reworked)
And that's OK with you? With all the bugs and limitations retained and no significant progress made?

satnav had to be bought separately with OS2008, free satnav was announced after N900 was released.
Yep, for ALL new higher end Nokia handsets, except for the N900. They didn't even bother putting a disclaimer that the N900 was not part of that promo.

I applaud the general hardware design (sans usb port, reflective thingy around the lens, plastic stand, cable ports positions, few other minor niglets)... I applaud the task switcher implementation... I generally applaud the browser...

But the rest...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

From wikipedia:

"a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community" - This definition does not apply here

MMS was not available from the start, and is now available as an application only (i honestly could care less for that function so I never bothered to investigate more). Navigation oh well it was the same as on android when it was just released, no turn by turn, while the same function was provided on the lower end phones about which nokia cared even less.

Of course you are right that these two are not the Burning issues with the phone that was marketed as an experiment, for early adopters, but you have to agree even if this is step 4 or whatever before the final product, usually prototypes contain all the features (and more) present in the final product albeit greatly polished.

What happened here is that the current platform was, for the lack of a better word, dropped and a completely new one was adopted for future phones. So n900 remains step 4 and a final step in its line...

IMO Nokia marketed the device in such a way that it mislead many of its costumers, and those comments is an expected outcome of that campaign

Last edited by gill_za; 2010-07-20 at 18:31.

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?