Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Sorry I forgot to mention that you need to shutdown the application then change the value then restart it.
Yeah - now change is taking effect. Double click is now usefull for me ;-)
But I would love to see double click/long press toggle in App Setting.

Hi

Any news on getting the online status to display?

@Lake
It is displayed - look for a green border frame around the avatars. It is quite thin, but when you get used you will notice it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Lake
It is displayed - look for a green border frame around the avatars. It is quite thin, but when you get used you will notice it.
Ah ha! Yes I see it now thanks - still a few issues:

1. I see the border when a contact is online, but for one contact it is yellow and for another it is green - is this intentional?

2. When I select a contact who is online I notice that I cannot see all of the contacts I know are available for that person (from the original phone book). For example I cannot see the jabber ID of my contact I can see from your widget is online so I cannot message him.

Otherwise, a really useful app!

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Lake View Post
1. I see the border when a contact is online, but for one contact it is yellow and for another it is green - is this intentional?
The yellow border means that you have more than one "online account" associated with the contact and they have different status. Please check the change log for more details.

I don't actually know what the presence status would be on the "standard contact widget" if, for instance, the contact is online on google voice and away on skype. What would you expect it to be?

Originally Posted by Lake View Post
2. When I select a contact who is online I notice that I cannot see all of the contacts I know are available for that person (from the original phone book). For example I cannot see the jabber ID of my contact I can see from your widget is online so I cannot message him.
Only a limited set of the contact information is supported right now and only skype as far as "online services" go.

The main goal for a next version is to handle possibly all supported online services (skype, google voice, sip, ...)

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The polls for the first N900 Code Competition are open!

MyContacts is competing on the Desktop Category with some other very interesting applications.

Support MyContacts voting!

Thanks

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Got my vote mate! ;-)
Still have to catch with Queen Beecon Widget though...Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
Hi ,

I would like to try this application. It looks very interesting. However, I was not able to launch from GUI.

Then I tried to launch through command line. It complains

$ /usr/bin/mycontacts.sh
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 127
How can I fix the problem? thx

Originally Posted by benlau View Post
Hi ,
I would like to try this application. It looks very interesting. However, I was not able to launch from GUI.

Then I tried to launch through command line. It complains
How can I fix the problem? thx
That is odd. I assume you have PR1.2 installed, right?
Can you try to uninstall and let me know what version you have installed?

Also, try to run on the x-terminal
Code:
/opt/crochik/mycontacts
it should give you some more information. (the sh script depends on the dbus to be working)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
That is odd. I assume you have PR1.2 installed, right?
Can you try to uninstall and let me know what version you have installed?

Also, try to run on the x-terminal
Code:
/opt/crochik/mycontacts
it should give you some more information. (the sh script depends on the dbus to be working)
Yes , I have PR 1.2 installed.

The result of cmd:
Code:
$ /opt/crochik/mycontacts 
/opt/crochik/mycontacts: symbol lookup error: /opt/crochik/mycontacts: undefined symbol: _ZN10QtMobility16QContactPresence13FieldNicknameE
and

Code:
$ ldd /opt/crochik/mycontacts
	libQtContacts.so.1 => /usr/lib/libQtContacts.so.1 (0x40025000)
	libQtMaemo5.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtMaemo5.so.4 (0x400cb000)
	libQtDBus.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4 (0x400e7000)
	libQtXml.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtXml.so.4 (0x40187000)
	libQtGui.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4 (0x401df000)
	libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4 (0x40c9a000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40f6a000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x40f8a000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x4106b000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x410e1000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x410f3000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x41218000)
	libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x41307000)
	libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x41348000)
	libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x41988000)
	libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x417c8000)
	libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x41670000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x41838000)
	libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0x41424000)
	librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0x41430000)
	libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x417f8000)
	libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x4143f000)
	libEGL.so => /usr/lib/libEGL.so (0x41457000)
	libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x44eb8000)
	libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x44d98000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x41461000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40000000)
	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0x41508000)
	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x41518000)
	libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0x41498000)
	libIMGegl.so => /usr/lib/libIMGegl.so (0x4146c000)
	libsrv_um.so => /usr/lib/libsrv_um.so (0x414be000)