Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
ian_ryge's Avatar
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 258 times | Joined on Oct 2006
#31
Originally Posted by philh View Post
Aaaaaargh.. I updated but I don't like that one of the backgrounds has the round diagram thing. Any chance of posting the plain background picture here so I can change it please.

Other than than, spot on, one of my top 3 themes. Thanks a lot!
Actually, the theme already includes two wallpaper sets. The default wallpaper (which should be set when you select the theme) is just the blue outline, and it's labeled "Theme - Okuda" in the list of backgrounds. The other set, labeled "Image set - Okudagram", has the circular graphic on one of the four screens.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
#32
Ian, awesome theme. Using it as I speak.

One thing I would like to see is green or blue separation lines in lists.
eg. A line between each contacts, calendar and selection lists.
Without it, it just doesn't look as nice and is harder to use imo.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#33
Great to see something fresh :-) wonderful!
 
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
#34
Really enjoying this theme. Here are some issues I've noticed:
  • Selected tab contrast on QT apps is hard to read, the tab is white, and text stays cyan
  • the X Icon that shows when you hit the reload button on the RSS applet looks to be a couple of pixels high of center
  • The misbehaved widgets that don't fit in like nokia messaging, but I doubt you're to blame here

Keep up the good work.

Checking out the sound pack now....

Shame on all of you claiming that their n900 looks like a panel from the 1701-D. This particular theme is clearly much closer to the panels on the 1701-B excelsior than the newer galaxy class ships .

Last edited by go1dfish; 2010-07-23 at 05:50.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#35
I really like this theme, but just as go1dfish says : sometimes things are hard to read. I noticed for instance in the foreca-weather application that the cities you choose are put as black text on a black button background. Or in the feedingit reader, read message titles are displayed as black (or very dark grey) on a dark grey background.

I'm sure you will work this out in a next update.

Since i installed the theme I was already wondering a couple of days of it was not possible to adjust the system sounds to a more 'trekkie'-like sound, and today I read that you made a special soundpackage available. Great ! Have to try this out, but it is not available for download yet in the extras-testing at this moment.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to vonbraun66 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#36
Originally Posted by vonbraun66 View Post
and today I read that you made a special soundpackage available. Great ! Have to try this out, but it is not available for download yet in the extras-testing at this moment.
Downloadable since a few minutes !
 
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
#37
LOL i love the theme and the theme sounds, it's like it turned my phone into r2d2

how would i change the sounds back though? simply changing themes?
 
ian_ryge's Avatar
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 258 times | Joined on Oct 2006
#38
Originally Posted by RogerTHAcctant View Post
LOL i love the theme and the theme sounds, it's like it turned my phone into r2d2

how would i change the sounds back though? simply changing themes?
Unfortunately, the custom sounds remain in use regardless of which theme is selected (as noted in the package description). To restore the original sounds, just uninstall the Okuda/LCARS sounds package. Obviously, since the theme is packaged separately, you can still use it without the sounds, or vice versa. See this post for details about the sounds package.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
ian_ryge's Avatar
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 258 times | Joined on Oct 2006
#39
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
One thing I would like to see is green or blue separation lines in lists.
eg. A line between each contacts, calendar and selection lists.
Without it, it just doesn't look as nice and is harder to use imo.
I intentionally removed those, but I'll consider bringing them back. No promises...

Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
  • Selected tab contrast on QT apps is hard to read, the tab is white, and text stays cyan
That actually affects some non-Qt apps as well. I'll definitely try to fix that.

Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
  • the X Icon that shows when you hit the reload button on the RSS applet looks to be a couple of pixels high of center
The stop and reload icons for the RSS desktop applet are also used in the RSS application. To make the RSS applet look consistent with the other applets, I raised its button graphics and icons a few pixels, which left the icons off-center when used in other places. Since it's not a functional problem (and it's kind of hard to fix) it's not at the top of my list, but I'll figure something out eventually.

Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
Shame on all of you claiming that their n900 looks like a panel from the 1701-D. This particular theme is clearly much closer to the panels on the 1701-B excelsior than the newer galaxy class ships .
Heh I wasn't going to say anything, but right you are.

Originally Posted by vonbraun66 View Post
I noticed for instance in the foreca-weather application that the cities you choose are put as black text on a black button background. Or in the feedingit reader, read message titles are displayed as black (or very dark grey) on a dark grey background.

I'm sure you will work this out in a next update.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't actually think I can fix those... The Okuda theme only sets a few colors to black, and all of them are intentional. I'm fairly certain that any black text on dark backgrounds is a result of the application not being fully/properly themeable. For example, it looks like ForecaWeather is using the theme-defined ButtonTextColor (which is black in the case of the Okuda theme) on top of dark-grey custom button graphics which cannot be themed. Essentially if an app doesn't use themeable graphics, it shouldn't use the theme-defined text colors either, or you'll inevitably see usability issues like this with certain themes. The FeedingIt reader issue is a little harder to pinpoint... but again, I don't think the theme is at fault, but rather the app's use of non-standard/theme-unfriendly UI elements.

Please keep posting here if you find more unusable or non-ideal text colors; some cases I'll probably be able to fix, others are out of my control. Having looked at the cases you described, I'd suggest filing bugs with the developers of those apps.

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2010-07-23 at 07:47.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#40
Here's mine:
 
Reply

Tags
fremantle, theme release

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:41.