Active Topics

Your lucky.. my n800 barely gets 1 hour of battery life now (with basic usage). I don't know why, I have terrible luck with batteries. I killed my VAIO's battery in a year or two. My n800's battery is low. And I think it's even happening to my N900 now (it drops abnormally fast despite idling).

Get the Mugen, and use it. And when you need the stand, put the almost dead Nokia battery back in. =P. It's not like it's hard to change batteries on the n800/n810. Compared to the stupid method that the N900 uses (gotta pry it off).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Your lucky.. my n800 barely gets 1 hour of battery life now (with basic usage).
You are lucky, I never got that with my n800
I'm kidding, I get around one hour with a cheap ebay battery, around 10 minutes with the original battery (less than two hours when new) and I didn't time the duration with a new, cheap, ebay battery but I think it should be around two hours (advanced power says 6, but I know it's a lie ).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I might be tablet-less. My spare 770 has a home, my original one was sold a long time ago and there's a person interested in my N810.

I might... be going towards something else.

Aww gerbick, I hope you stick around here. We need more voices of reason here.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm holding out for a MeeGo tablet - I have no need for the phone.

I'm sticking around... for a while until the N900 either shapes itself into what I think it truly should be - and if I switch to T-Mobile (still a possibility) - or if there is a MeeGo tablet so I can avoid having to get either a JooJoo, iPad (might get one for development reasons) or some faceless Android tablet.

I have a need that the N900 fits, but it forces my hand on my carrier - and I don't like that.

Meh... I'll still bother you guys. Y'all know too much for me to leave suddenly. I learn something new daily.

Yeah, I'm in the market for a tablet myself. (Mainly for something with a nice portable display to read manga and comics on). Reading manga on the N900 is fine but it requires a bit of scrolling around if it's not web-optimized.

Not sure if I'd buy a Meego one though (especially if it's made by Nokia given their support of products). Considered iPad but decided I didn't want to be locked into their world. So I'm hoping for a good Android tablet (maybe with Gingerbread's (Android 3.0) release).

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Or... should I just go the cheaper route, buy a Mugen battery, and wait for something that's really worth it down the road?

Dell Streak really has my attention. But I'm not going to settle for anything less than Froyo 2.2 and I don't know the upgrade path for it yet.

Any other good options? Or should I just get the Mugen 1800mAh battery and wait it out?

Thanks in advance.
Buy a $9 battery (see my thread) and wait for the Dell to shake out.

Meanwhile get in on the Dell early sign up list.
PLEASE use the Wiki