Notices

Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
available mid august according to Rovio.
Not attempting to initiate an argument but can you cite a source?

Levelpacks 2 and 3 appear to be now visible in Ovi Store. Have fun!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Levelpacks 2 and 3 appear to be now visible in Ovi Store. Have fun!
Not appearing here in the UK yet but will most certainly buy them as soon as they do.

I found the packs by searching "Angry Birds Level Pack" (no quotations)

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2010-07-22 at 19:25.

Tick tock.... I need me some Angry Birds action!!!

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I see them in Canada. Aboot to buy them and give them a spin. (My four year old LOVES Angry Birds - he is going to be overjoyed with new levels)

Thanks Rovio!

Finally ! Thx

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
thank you for the level packs!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
porting (imo) doesn't cost anywhere near as much as there aren't anywhere near as many resources.
Porting can in fact take quite a bit to do, depending on how things are designed. If they designed their engine specifically to make the packs device independent, then yes, porting is "just" porting the engine. That said, engine porting isn't all cake and ice-cream. And since they're giving that port away to drum up sales, they have to recover that elsewhere.

I'm sure if you multiply the number of iPhone users they estimate will buy packs times the cost, the margin after covering development is much higher, even at the lower cost. The margin for the N900 is probably lower, even with the higher price per pack and lower porting costs, simply because the user base is so much smaller (and fewer are likely to spend money via the OVI store).

I'm grabbing the new packs now, and wish them well! I fully expect most things to cost a little more for us vs the iPhone. The user base is smaller by many factors, so to make up for that, costs per unit will be higher.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
i was worried to not see them on the recommended page, but searching for "angry birds level pack" in search results to the 3 available level packs!!

gonna sleepless tonight.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
What I stated earlier still stands, the packages come out as soon as they go through the ovi process. Sorry for the mixed and confusing information!
Poor Rovio, the only thing between my money and their pocket is an "ovi".

Thanks for the level pack !

You guys have to make an Angry Bird background for the N900. Such as the one here.

Last edited by Mandor; 2010-07-22 at 20:31. Reason: Typo

Tags
get an iphone, iphone, pointless wait