Notices

I just installed The One Ring. Looks like I need to login to Google Voice. And to do that I need to have internet connection to use it. Am I right?

Correct. You can get an account free (or use an existing Google account) at the Google Voice website.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Just had a weird thing happen,tried to reply to a voice mail,thought it was a text message. Because the transcription was spot on! (1st time ever for me) usually I can tell the difference because it transcribes certain words badly. Would it be possible to have a visual indicator to show a voice mail ie. a "V" before the actual text so that one knows it's a VM not a text?
This probably won't happen a lot because the transcription is pretty bad right now but as it gets better it may get needed. Still trying to figure out how it showed up in TOR because VM usually don't show up there?

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
Just had a weird thing happen,tried to reply to a voice mail,thought it was a text message. Because the transcription was spot on! (1st time ever for me) usually I can tell the difference because it transcribes certain words badly. Would it be possible to have a visual indicator to show a voice mail ie. a "V" before the actual text so that one knows it's a VM not a text?
This probably won't happen a lot because the transcription is pretty bad right now but as it gets better it may get needed. Still trying to figure out how it showed up in TOR because VM usually don't show up there?
VM should always show up in TOR unless you've already done something with it. One of these days I want to make it an HTML message (unsure if the n900 supports this) which would allow me to show the certainty like on the website and Dialcentral.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this application!

One quick question. I was just wondering is there a way to turn off the call back ringtone when dialing out. If I'm placing a call it's kind of annoying for the ring to play when I get the call back. As I am already looking at the screen I really don't need it to ring.

Originally Posted by aeroemike View Post
Thanks for this application!

One quick question. I was just wondering is there a way to turn off the call back ringtone when dialing out. If I'm placing a call it's kind of annoying for the ring to play when I get the call back. As I am already looking at the screen I really don't need it to ring.
I've actually started looking back at a feature "Auto-accept callbacks". I'm quite busy at this point so I can't say when I'll finish it but it should improve the experience

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I've actually started looking back at a feature "Auto-accept callbacks". I'm quite busy at this point so I can't say when I'll finish it but it should improve the experience
Me likey!! I wish I could give more thanks to this
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Am I the only one still having frequent "busy" and "network error" problems? Also, incoming calls and texts always display the phone numbers rather than the contacts' names even though they are in my contacts. Is there a way to overcome this? Otherwise, thanks for a great app, Ed.

Originally Posted by thommy View Post
Am I the only one still having frequent "busy" and "network error" problems? Also, incoming calls and texts always display the phone numbers rather than the contacts' names even though they are in my contacts. Is there a way to overcome this? Otherwise, thanks for a great app, Ed.
It depends on what the real rpbolem is. Mind sending me a log so I can see what The One Ring is really doing behind those cryptic errors?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Now I am curious... Can't you just listen for the "coming" dbus signal:

Code:
    if ( !QDBusConnection::systemBus().connect("com.nokia.csd.Call", "/com/nokia/csd/call",
        "com.nokia.csd.Call", "Coming", this, SLOT(callComing(QDBusObjectPath,QString))
    ) ) return false;
and after checking if the number matches your gv number accept the call with another dbus call?

Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call/1 com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance.Answer
Or is the problem that you are trying to also handle call backs on other "accounts" like skype ?

p.s. I started playing with telepathy following your advice and have already something that works... The next version of mycontacts will be able to start calls and send sms using TOR (and any other telepathy account for that matter). Thanks!

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5