Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
...just tested - for me it seems to work. Wow - that was fast!
Thanks Titan - once more.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by gunni View Post
Well, but how to install fcam now, as it will remove titans kernel.
Yeah, I just noticed that to. Maybe contact the guys behind fcamera and tell them it's fixed and remove the conflict...

Its not fixed it is just a fast workaround till it is included in titans kernel. Think he just wants some testing, before he includes this. And that is good of course. Otherwise you will get broken camera if you dont know about this thread.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
What does your last statement have anything to do with Nokia? Titans' kernel is not "official" thus it's reasonable that people working at Nokia nor the researchers at Stanford University never heard of it until recently.

Remember outside of Qgil, there's nobody else from Nokia that comes here.

Edit: I might be wrong about the nobody else. But my point is that Nokia doesn't pay much attention to the maemo.org (ITT) community.
?? Maemo is all about (this) community...
"...
Maemo Development
Maemo is developed as an open collaboration between Nokia and many generous volunteer programmers, designers, and users.
..." Source:http://maemo.nokia.com/maemo/maemo-software/
Nokia does pay attention to this community and even guys from Nokia use Titan's kernel; but the communication between Espoo and Palo Alto doesn't seem to be the very best.

Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
?? Maemo is all about (this) community...
"...
Maemo Development
Maemo is developed as an open collaboration between Nokia and many generous volunteer programmers, designers, and users.
..." Source:http://maemo.nokia.com/maemo/maemo-software/
Nokia does pay attention to this community and even guys from Nokia use Titan's kernel; but the communication between Espoo and Palo Alto doesn't seem to be the very best.
For fudges sake - what the hell does it matter. Titan has given us an interim solution and the devs for Fcam have said they will work on the issue.

It doesnt matter if every single person in Nokia uses Titans kernel. Officially the only kernel they have to acknowledge is the standard 1.2 one. You can ***** and moan all you like but those are the facts, and every other company on earth works the same way.

Try taking your jailbroken iphone to apple support and see what kind of answer you get there.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Okay so can someone just confirm if I am about to do the right thing or not:

1. Install the fcam drivers from titan's post - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=25

2. Install the fcam application

3. Reboot

I am using Enhanced Linux kernel for power users aka Titans kernel 2.6.28.10

perfecto?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xuggs For This Useful Post:
i uninstalled blessn900 and this fcam kernel worked for me....thanks Titan...this was quick..

Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Okay so can someone just confirm if I am about to do the right thing or not:

1. Install the fcam drivers from titan's post - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=25

2. Install the fcam application

3. Reboot

I am using Enhanced Linux kernel for power users aka Titans kernel 2.6.28.10

perfecto?
this way worked fine for me

The Following User Says Thank You to erniadeldesktop For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
..or use the lehto kernel.it works perfectly for me!

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-07-23 at 22:10.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
What does your last statement have anything to do with Nokia? Titans' kernel is not "official" thus it's reasonable that people working at Nokia nor the researchers at Stanford University never heard of it until recently.

Remember outside of Qgil, there's nobody else from Nokia that comes here.

Edit: I might be wrong about the nobody else. But my point is that Nokia doesn't pay much attention to the maemo.org (ITT) community.
I seem to remember Nokia issuing an official statement that overclocking voids the warranty -- so they must have had SOME awareness that there was an alternate kernel. Either that, or their attention turns on and off at random.

Tags
dumbypants