Notices

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
the TVC Player software still works for me, i had E4 on earlier.
One gripe for me is there is no icon for the software yet or name its just installed as a blue square !

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

i would just like to congratulate everyone who has worked on this app. it is THE best app on the n900 and truely shows what the n900 should be used for and is capable of, its amazing well done!

now.....do you think there will be scope to add all the freeview channels in due course? apologies for not checking out the tv catchup (except to sign up) but i suppose your limited to what channels they allow live stream from so apologies if these are all the channels they offer.

another good feature would be an "auto record timer" to record a channel at a certain time for a certain period in a easily viewable format

also the tv guide to be local (maybe a downloadfrom somewhere instead of directing to website.

lastly do you think there wil ever be integration for paid channels like skys channels? (i know you can view these from sky player at the mo just by logging in to your sky account but i think they have some kind of DRM set as you have to authorise a pc to view it on so maybe this isnt an option.) would be good tho!

again thanks to everyone involved in this project and keep up the amazing work!

how can i work this on the 3g connection. all i get is it sayin downloading on terminal.i downloaded like 40mb and thought forget this took ages nothing happened.any advice?

I get the error "Invalid Playlist File" when I try to load a channel - any ideas what might be causing it?

Originally Posted by Lake View Post
I get the error "Invalid Playlist File" when I try to load a channel - any ideas what might be causing it?
I get the same error.I think the server is playing up, because if I go to iphone.tvcatchup.com in my web browser, I have to enter my login details several times before it works. I hope that is just a temporary glitch.

Originally Posted by arajantie View Post
I get the same error.I think the server is playing up, because if I go to iphone.tvcatchup.com in my web browser, I have to enter my login details several times before it works. I hope that is just a temporary glitch.
It seems that they changed the way the website handled cookies. I have now updated the application so that this should not happen any more.

However, it seems that video doesn't work for some channels (for example BBC1) at the moment. I hope that can be fixed by changing the mplayer options, but I haven't found a way yet.

Originally Posted by arajantie View Post
However, it seems that video doesn't work for some channels (for example BBC1) at the moment. I hope that can be fixed by changing the mplayer options, but I haven't found a way yet.
OK, I found a way to fix that: Add "-tsprobe 1000000" (or some other large number) in the MPlayer options in the menu.

Originally Posted by flegg View Post
another good feature would be an "auto record timer" to record a channel at a certain time for a certain period in a easily viewable format
I am thinking of adding a timer feature to the GUI, but even now you can do it using alarmed (in extras-devel). Just create a Command execution event with the command
Code:
/usr/bin/osso-xterm "/bin/sh /opt/tvcplayer/tvcplayer.sh <channel> <filename> <duration>"
where <channel> is the channel number, <filename> is the name of the output video file, and <duration> is the length of the recording in minutes. So, for example, if you want to record BBC One for an hour, you can use
Code:
/usr/bin/osso-xterm "/bin/sh /opt/tvcplayer/tvcplayer.sh 1 /home/user/MyDocs/recording.ts 60"
This opens a new terminal window which shows the progress of the recording. If you want it to operate quietly in the background, leave out "/usr/bin/osso-xterm".

To make the recording more easily viewable, it would have to be converted to a format that is supported by the builtin media player. This is can be done with mencoder, but it takes time and produces a larger file with lower quality, so I am not sure whether it is worth it.

thats brilliant thanks for your reply. ill download and try alarmed today

on another note my n900 told me there was an update for tvc player today so ive installed it and new tvc player wont load. when clicked on the window appears and then quits itself after 3 or 4 seconds. any ideas what could be causing this? ive tried rebooting but to no avail.

Originally Posted by flegg View Post
thats brilliant thanks for your reply. ill download and try alarmed today

on another note my n900 told me there was an update for tvc player today so ive installed it and new tvc player wont load. when clicked on the window appears and then quits itself after 3 or 4 seconds. any ideas what could be causing this? ive tried rebooting but to no avail.
Same problem here - hope it's fixed soon, this app is great!