Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by inkjected View Post
Maybe I should make mine "not work" also
yeah.. break it and get a new one.. lols

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Just incase u do gt a new one, remember to shave that usb charger from being too tight.
What do you mean by "shave it"?

So I live in California. Where or how can I contact Nokia to send this crap for repair? I'm pissed right now man. I need my phone! There goes my Saturday night out. I can't even call anyone

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37107

That topic will help you out with that

The Following User Says Thank You to inkjected For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
So I live in California. Where or how can I contact Nokia to send this crap for repair? I'm pissed right now man. I need my phone! There goes my Saturday night out. I can't even call anyone
i'm not trying to be mean here but you need to calm down. Call up Nokia Care like i did. Answer some questions and they will send you a UPS packing slip and you send the phone in. If you are in the intial warranty period it should be covered.

I am having similar problems but mine will only charge via the USB port of a computer and not from the wall charger which is odd.

Either way, call up Nokia Care and start the process.

The Following User Says Thank You to jim_0068 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
I am having similar problems but mine will only charge via the USB port of a computer and not from the wall charger which is odd.
I had the same issue. Did you try bending the connector in the port up a bit? Worked for me.

Well where can I get there number that can help me locally?

The usb port fell out because the charger /usb connection fits too tightly into the phone. Because it was so tight, the constant pushing and pulling into the usb port made it fell out over time due to friction.

To avoid this problem users have to shave the usb chargers to be a bit smaller so that it wont fit so tightly into the usb port.

Shaving down the usb charger would allow it to fit into the usb port more smoothly, thereby preventing the usb port from completely falling out.

I would have warned you sooner, but from the minute you said it stopped charging, I knew it was too late. Hope all goes well with your replacement / repair. It's not impossible to fix, just needs someone to solder the port back into place. As others here have said, try nokia care, and if that fails, get a real techy to solder it back into place.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-07-25 at 05:15.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Oh man what a load of dumm advice on this thread.
Can you guys not get anything right huh... fancy telling someone to bend the usb plug to get it working... omg what is the world coming too.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by inkjected View Post
I had a similar thing happen. What worked for me is, when you got the cord in the phone, bend it up slightly at the port. That got my phone charging again.
what a real real dummm bit of advice !!!!.