Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by talmage View Post
Can and does Hermes upload phone numbers and email addresses to Facebook? From the previous postings, I've learned that Hermes can't retrieve phone numbers and email addresses from Facebook but I haven't seen this question asked or answered.
Hermes doesn't send any information upstream. It's not a two-way sync, it's information enrichment: it only downloads.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
didn't do any backup before syncing using hermès ...
Why do you think your problems are anything to do with Hermes? Can you please describe, in more detail, the setup you have; the actions you took and the effects you saw? Preferably quoting versions of various applications (including Hermes) and the configuration you're using.

Hermes doesn't sync. It only adds. Destroying contacts should be impossible, unless there are major latent bugs in Maemo's address book library.

well .... :
I sync my contacts using mfE and nuevasync to google contacts.
then I merged the contact that i saw twice with different names
finally I sync my contacts with hermès
from here i lost almost all of my contacts
still got their name for some parts but everytime i lost the phone number that I used to have before .

maybe i messed up something regarding google contacts and just saw it after hermès sync

so basically I don't think this issue is linked to hermès but to Google contacts and to my N900 configuration .

Next time I'll made a backup before doing everything

I just find out an old backup from may so most of my contacts are in it

I'll try again and come back if ay issue is detected

thanks again

I can't seem to get the birthday of my friends to appear on my N900. I'm pretty sure it they don't have their birthdays in private because I see it on screen. It can't even copy one. Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

Hermes 0.8.5 now in Extras-testing
VOTE HERE (may error until propagated)

New features from 0.8.2:
  • #10801 - Add phone number, URLs and birthdays from LinkedIn.

Bug fixes from 0.8.2:
  • #6879 - Scroll to position for closest matching contact, broken by find-as-you-type searching (reported by Peter Oliver)
  • #7613 - Retrieve all Twitter followers, rather than first 100 only. Reported by Adam.
  • Prevent overzealous matching on LinkedIn/Facebook based on any URL: causes problems with corporate websites in profiles.
  • Handle cases of empty URLs & phone numbers attempting to be added (silently ignore).
  • #10667 - Handle multiple Twitter matches causing a failure. Reported by Dawid Lorenz, hotzigetty and others.
  • Improve Twitter error handling by adding missing import.

Last edited by Jaffa; 2010-07-25 at 18:58. Reason: Add Packages link

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sri Lanka
I am trying to install Hermes on my new Nokia N900 but had no luck for 5 days. Searched the web for a solution and ended up in this post.

Problem is that after preparing the installation and agreeing on the statement, the app manager gives the error.."Unable to install 'Hermes'. Some application packages required for the installation are missing". Details say that some python thing is missing.

I am new to this area of software and could you please show some light on this issue. Hermes seems a better application to keep my network tight so that I am really in need of this.

I found the packages herehttp://maemo.org/packages/view/hermes/ but am unclear about how to use them.

Thank you in advance....

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Göteborg, Sweden
@lks0912: From what I understand you've just experienced really bad luck. There's a bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11031 that effects all python based applications, not just Hermes.
You can go to the bug and vote for it, to show that it's important to you that it gets fixed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredrik_wendt For This Useful Post:
Would it be possible to make it "optional" to add the Facebook web page to a contact? Would it be possible to select profile pictures from the contacts and then exclude those from being update?

any progress with plaxo and livejournal?

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
Problem is that after preparing the installation and agreeing on the statement, the app manager gives the error.."Unable to install 'Hermes'. Some application packages required for the installation are missing". Details say that some python thing is missing.
Try this solution. Should help

The Following User Says Thank You to qwenjis For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website