Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Works flawlessly... If only I had known earlier of this 'fix'. Tried 3-4 sites with flash 10 - works perfect. Tho I think I ****ed up the original file with the mv command but I'll think about that when it starts failing

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by Unhuman View Post
Works flawlessly... If only I had known earlier of this 'fix'. Tried 3-4 sites with flash 10 - works perfect. Tho I think I ****ed up the original file with the mv command but I'll think about that when it starts failing
It *will* fail. I guess some sites may serve different content based on the plugin version they are detecting. Therefore, sites that worked fine with the default version will probably fail with the modifed version now. Youtube seems to be an example of that: I can't hear any sounds with the modifed version and some videos are notably choppy.

Edit: I have created a new patched version that reports itself as v10.0.53 and that seems to work fine with Youtube: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=967

Greetings.

Last edited by kevloral; 2010-07-27 at 15:37.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Has anyone tried Google streetview yet?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Maybe we need a new thread? Just to see if the vast majority would have a problem on other sites and stuff, this is pretty big news for the maemo community o.o....I don't have my n900 currently, so could anyone please tell me if megavideo works with this trick?

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Works brilliantly, thanks

Tried Google StreetView but doesn't seem to work yet

Edit: I have tried it with 10.0.53.0 and not 10.1.xx as I cannot download more then 1 rapidshare file
Attached Images

Last edited by xuggs; 2010-07-28 at 11:01.

Okay I tried 10.1.53.0 and Google street view does not work but hey almost every other site that is 10.1 enabled WORKS!!!!! including kongregate.com, toystory3.com etc. I understand these are 10.1 sites. The games on kongregate.com are working at amazing speeds without OC. I am loving this.

I think I can live without Google Streetview!

All kudos to kevloral.

EDIT: mtvmusic.com videos are not playing. Sorry.

Last edited by xuggs; 2010-07-28 at 12:00.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Anyone try tvcatchup site to test the streams there. I know theres a app but the site has more channels.
This is big man.. Hurry up Nokia and fix my phone....

I tried so far:

miniclip.com and the games are running full speed. AWESOME!
kongregate.com and the games are running full speed. AWESOME!
nationalgeographic.com and the content is played without any glitch.
facebook videos are playing normally.

Someone had demo'd alien attack on miniclip.com for nexus one and it seems to work flawlessly on the N900 too. I don't know if it worked earlier as I am not switching back to 9.x version of flash but maybe someone can try.

This leads me to believe that flash 10.1 is damn definetly possible on N900 and Nokia should really bring it on.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
Tried it as well miniclip worked great at full speed, kongregate as well. have yet to try fb videos. Thanks so much. Screw nokia, the community managed without them. Although to be fair maybe it's not just nokia's fault but also adobe's.
Anyway awesome work!

Edit:

FB videos work but slow even with OC. Probably fb's fault since other sites work flawlessly

Last edited by fieryriver; 2010-07-28 at 12:27.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update