Notices

Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
- over the air song recognition (like if hear a song on the radio and you want to know what it's called)
Are you incorporate radio into the program?

Yup, we're all about the magic :P
Then bring it on ! Personally, I'd still like the ability to manually edit even magically updated tags...

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Are you incorporate radio into the program?
Not yet. Our intention for now is to let you identify a song that could be playing on the radio (or in a movie, or on tv) by holding your phone up to the sound for a few seconds. Then we'll tell you what that song is called and who the artist is.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
When will we get the next update?

Not yet. Our intention for now is to let you identify a song that could be playing on the radio (or in a movie, or on tv) by holding your phone up to the sound for a few seconds. Then we'll tell you what that song is called and who the artist is.
You're kiddin'? I never seen anything like that...if it works...it's another amazing tool because i always want to know what song is playing and who is the artist playing on radio.

It sounds like you have something big up your sleeve...are you planning to take over the world? SOON?

OH...btw, when is lyrics being added. Is that at the bottom of the list?

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-07-28 at 20:55.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
You're kiddin'? I never seen anything like that...if it works...it's another amazing tool because i always want to know what song is playing and who is the artist playing on radio.
theres premium phne numbers that will do it and text you the song, also works on grand theft auto 4 (get the number for zit! off the radio or a billboard and call it, rather cool!) but having it for free as part of a media player would just be awesomeness, and in v2 the magic really shows when they teleport the artist into ur living room to play the song live for you!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
theres premium phne numbers that will do it and text you the song, also works on grand theft auto 4 (get the number for zit! off the radio or a billboard and call it, rather cool!) but having it for free as part of a media player would just be awesomeness, and in v2 the magic really shows when they teleport the artist into ur living room to play the song live for you!
But he said holding the phone up to the sound for a few seconds. It sounds like the phone can detect the song.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
But he said holding the phone up to the sound for a few seconds. It sounds like the phone can detect the song.
i imagine it'll be a network feature, not actually expecting the phone to know every song ever locally. or more hous pocus!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Haha, glad you guys are so excited -- we've worked hard on this. Basically, the way it works is you record 5-10 seconds of audio, we analyze it on the server and return the title, artist, album and artwork for the song.

OH...btw, when is lyrics being added. Is that at the bottom of the list?
So the deal with lyrics is that there are legal issues (which I think is just more evidence that lawyers should be made illegal). We probably won't be able to offer it as a free feature since we'll have to pay the rights owners At the moment, we're trying to deliver as much free functionality as we can so it's on the list but not at the top.