Notices

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
Somehow this version is less stable that 1.0-6. Sometime video stops after a while. But the good news that its optifyed.
If anybody up to try heres the .deb file
Noticed that too, also sometimes the audio disappears suddenly, and never comes back. I also had to reboot to actually get it working. And the version in the about dialog still shows 6.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Have you tried a Wifi connection?
I have a wifi connection and the same happens to me. I get the channels and a snapshot of what is playing now but can't actually play any channel. Does it use default video player?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I have a wifi connection and the same happens to me. I get the channels and a snapshot of what is playing now but can't actually play any channel. Does it use default video player?
I'm pretty sure it uses a custom media player, since it uses the file extension .sdb for streams. If you hang around at the snapshot view, does it update? For me it updates each 5 seconds or so. Remember that this is a beta though, so maybe there's a possibility that there will be a update that fixes this?

Anyway if you really want to fix this problem, you should probably report it in the official thread @ my-symbian.com.

spb-tv_1.0-8_armel.deb is here. Now can sort the channels. No video on demand channels support yet.

!update: post #57

Last edited by ed00; 2010-07-30 at 01:48.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
SPB have used my-symbian before for beta testing S60 apps (I've helped testing a few on the E90), so I guess they've just not looked around for other sites. They may also have intended to keep the beta fairly small - my-symbian will have a much smaller Maemo audience than here.
I've attempted to contact the distributor over at my-symbian, but received no response. They didn't have any restrictions up, so until they tell us to take it down, I'd say it's safe.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

I upgraded to the new deb. Every time i try to play a channel, it freezes up after about 10 seconds. I tried rebooting, same problem.

Those who updated to 1.0-8 !
According to developers it was mistakenly posted debug version instead of release. It fixed now.
Sorry guys

Here its:
Attached Files
File Type: deb spb-tv_1.0-8_armel.deb (195.4 KB, 379 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Trying out the latest 1.0-7 was buggy as all hell :P

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
i have this installed and yes the chanel selection is not for me. when it was on my n95 i could get aljazeera news but this looks to have been removed. That being said i can access aj news via the livestation site. As for watching tv there is the TVCplayer in extras-devel if you are based in the uk(requires a free registration)

It seems not to like high frequensies...put it down to 900 works rather more stable but still slow to start and freezes on me once in a while((