Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by markds50 View Post
Nokia-N900-51-1:~# dpkg-query -l *libqtm*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii libqtm-messagi 1:1.0.0-maemo1 Qt Mobility messaging module

that is what i get
Do you have the PR 1.2 firmware installed? By your prompt I would guess not...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

yeah, i'm sure. how can i check?

yeah, i'm sure. how can i check?
I am not sure but you can try:
Code:
dpkg-query -l *kernel*
This is what I get on mine:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# dpkg-query -l *kernel*
||/ Name           Version        Description
ii  kernel         2.6.28-2010150 Flashable Linux kernel
ii  kernel-flasher 2.6.28-2010150 Linux kernel updater
ii  kernel-module- 1.55.0-maemo1  CIFS, Samba, Windows File Share support
ii  kernel-modules 2.6.28-2010150 Linux kernel modules
It is odd that your prompt is not "Nokia-N900" ... it seems to include the version used on PR1.1 (Nokia-N900-51-1)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Nokia-N900-51-1:~# dpkg-query -l *kernel*
ii kernel 2.6.28-2010150 Flashable Linux kernel
ii kernel-flasher 2.6.28-2010150 Linux kernel updater
ii kernel-modules 2.6.28-2010150 Linux kernel modules
Nokia-N900-51-1:~#

thats the result

Nokia-N900-51-1:~# dpkg-query -l *kernel*
ii kernel 2.6.28-2010150 Flashable Linux kernel
ii kernel-flasher 2.6.28-2010150 Linux kernel updater
ii kernel-modules 2.6.28-2010150 Linux kernel modules
Nokia-N900-51-1:~#

thats the result
There is something very strange going on but I don't know what it is.

Assuming that all your other applications are running without issue for now I would suggest you download the libqtm-contacts package and install it directly - it may work and allow you to install mycontacts.

You can download the latest version here:
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...emo1_armel.deb

Keep me posted

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

It works! thanks for all of your help. downloaded the deb, installed through xterminal. then installed my contacts! all is good, really good app, thanks!

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
. The auto "restart" will come eventually.

Hi Fcrochik,
I installed this yesterday and this is wonderful. Thank you.
I also wanted to add my request for the widget auto-restart.
Thanks

New Release just uploaded to the repository.

This is probably the most unstable release yet. Because so much has changed I decided to publish it anyway so YOU can help me test it.

The previous version is now on extras-testing so, if this version does not work for you, you can always install the previous one from there.

This new version includes support for telepathy accounts, in other words, finally you can start a skype conversation or call from mycontacts. But this is not all now you access all the IM-VOIP accounts you setup on your phone. I have successfully tested: skype, google voice (using theonering), google talk and sip. Please post about your experiences with other services on this thread.

Finally you can have just one button for each "phone number" and still call it anyway you want. You can define the "routing priorities" separately for "local calls", "international calls", "local sms" and international "sms". For example you can define that when calling an international number it should try skype first (if you are online), then "google voice/tor" (if you are online) and then skype out assuming that you have phone service. All user definable. Same thing with SMS you can have it use TOR if you are connected, then Fast SMS if you are holding the phone on portrait mode and finally the "default" sms.

When placing a call if you hold the "phone number button" a little longer you will get the "phone" application instead of initiating the call directly.

Tired already? Me too... but there is more: now you can start "skype out" and "google voice" calls directly from mycontacts.

By the way with this version you also get a button to send MMS (through fMMS).

This is not all but hopefully enough to get you to install this new version, right?

Make sure to check the "settings" and "online accounts" options on the menu.

Some Notes:
  • You can still use VICaR to handle Calling cards (and/or skype out and google voice calls). VICaR will allow you more flexibility when handling SkypeOut or GoogleVoice but you can only setup it to handle one of them.
  • As now the "online accounts" window will not show "TOR" contacts
  • Placing calls through SkpeOut or Google Voice (dial out) takes about 20 seconds.
  • The online accounts (skype, sip, ...) will show with "ugly" names on the "routing settings" to help me debug issues ... I will make them user friendly once we get to a stable release

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-08-02 at 21:43.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Felipe...qdo acha que vai conseguir suporte a mp3 e mp4(aac)?
Btw...I found the problem that prevented me from installing it, I have two facebook accounts set on my n900, that made the program crash everytime I tried to start it.

Good job anyway!

Rodrigo

fcrochik, could I ask why it shows Google Voice and TOR in the list of services you can add? o.O

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...