Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by G_Gus View Post
I have the power user kernel (and overclocked to 850), and also I noted that the error reports a file named "nf_conntrack.ko" while the command states it's loading "nf_contrack.ko" so there's a "n" of difference.
That shouldn't be possible, since the "executing ..." part should output the command to be executed verbatim, and it's definitely execute with two "n"s in the module name since that's what insmod complains about.

Doublecheck that the file "lib/modules/2.6.8.10power37/nf_conntrack.ko" exists (open terminal type "ls lib/modules/2.6.8.10power37/nf_conntrack.ko").

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
I updated titan's kernel to the latest available as of today and it does not give that error again.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I use Mobilehotspot 0.3.3 and it works generally fine, the only problem which I have is that the DNS doesn't works. So I can't open for example a domain, but connect fine to a IP address.

Edit: I'm not sure but is it possible that it just broke my GPRS connection on the phone itself? Because only the WLAN connection is working fine. The GPRS connection can't connect to any website anymore since I installed it

Edit 2: A Reboot fixed the issue, seems that it only appears after you use Mobilehotspot.

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-08-05 at 04:43.

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Edit: I'm not sure but is it possible that it just broke my GPRS connection on the phone itself? Because only the WLAN connection is working fine. The GPRS connection can't connect to any website anymore since I installed it

Edit 2: A Reboot fixed the issue, seems that it only appears after you use Mobilehotspot.
Maybe IcD got confused, I have seen this once (or maybe it was wifi failing to connect to my home network) back when I was using my own custom kernel and AFAIRecall going to offline mode and back online solved it then.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
Shouldn't the custom Kernal install itself when you run the installer? If not, where do I find this specific Kernal I need?

Originally Posted by Russianhaxor View Post
Shouldn't the custom Kernal install itself when you run the installer? If not, where do I find this specific Kernal I need?
In theory yes, in practice people seem to get better results by first installing the kernel (titans kernel recommended) and then installing mobilehotspot, see the project homepage (linked from the first post that has the summarizes the essentials).

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
I'm getting the error telling me unable to install... Conflict with Application Packages?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
It seems I need to seriously consider using real dhcpd instead of dnsmasq in dhcp-server mode since many have trouble getting an address from dnsmasq (it might not implement the protocol fully). However those that cannot get address via DHCP, please try manual address (start the backend via terminal to see the IP range it chooses) and report results (and if it doesn't work all the way to internet try pinging at least the N900)
I've found the cause of my issues: it seems that wicd, for some reason, refuses to take my card from managed mode to ad-hoc mode.
Manually forcing ad-hoc with iwconfig and the reconnecting works perfectly and it receives an IP by DHCP automatically.

Nice work, I have to say.

Originally Posted by Russianhaxor View Post
Conflict with Application Packages?
Likely, do you have fcamera-drivers installed (that would conflict with titans kernel [which happens to be the only package providing "kernel-feature-netfilter"; which mobilehotspot depends on]) ? using apt-get via command line at least will show you which package(s) conflict.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
When using connection files 1,2, or 3 on any Nintendo DS system:Check to see if your router is set to "g only" mode. In order to work with the Nintendo DS, the router must be set to "mixed" or "b and g".
idk what that means, but you should make it so we can do that, so that way, i can play ds online anywhere