Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
nice apps. one question. the quaility on the bottom right , 360,720,1080p . i noticed evrything press on it it changes, but the quality doesnt, so is it just there for notthing ? , tried with HQ and HD too.
On the desktop this works but the quality will not change midstream. On N900 the DSP backend cannot play 720p so it simply won't play. If I can figure out howto force software decoding it will probably work. 1080p is a lost cause on this.

-Jonan

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
It's a much better experience than the other youtube apps available. Thanks for the port... And Flavio Tordini is a very nice person, btw
Now another thing to do is bind the "back to windowed state from full screen" to a key combo different from alt-enter or esc.
Agreed will try to do this on next update. Double tap works too but timings need to be adjusted since it doesnt register alot of the time.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
This is a screenshot. The video itself is not visible on the screenshot but it is on the device.

I agree that the ui needs to adapted to the small screen of the N900 but it works. Could be a really nice app!

I have sometimes errors that the stream cannot be read. Not sure why that happens.
Attached Images

is it downloadable???? it will be great if we have the option....

CasTTeLLo

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Minitube seems to get language from "regional settings" and not from "devive language".

I have these settings and minitube is Finnish and every other application is in English:
-Device language: English
-Regional settings: Suomi

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
This application seems very good, the videos play really smoothly, but the app itself keeps crashing, and almost everytime gives me an error, that I can't play any videos. Only reboot helps.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Finally a decent app for viewing youtube videos! Thank to the author and for the porting

Looking forward for a fully working version

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Have you tried http://www.youtube.com/leanback ?
It does more or less the same things that minitube, but is a own youtube's flash interface that shows videos one after all in fullscreen, and allows browsing and searching.

i have a problem with that app:
the application opening with arabic. i dont know arabic and i dont know how to change it to hebrew or english

some one can help me please?

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Have you tried http://www.youtube.com/leanback ?
It does more or less the same things that minitube, but is a own youtube's flash interface that shows videos one after all in fullscreen, and allows browsing and searching.
Fantastic! I don't need a youtube app!!!!!!