Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
i'll try and give some feedback
Thanks a lot
Ok i followed all the tutorial untill the end and i figured that i was missing the final files to boot (after the: umount /dev/mmcblk1p2 )
So that was why NITDroid wouldn't boot!
Fixed! :P
Btw i've seen NITDroid all over and it seems to me that a lot of work is still there to be done right?

i need help bad something happened to my n900 and the screen would not turn on not long after i installed multiboot had to rwestart devicecant get past multiboot now

i'll figure it out eventually i hope

Last edited by superg05; 2010-08-06 at 03:08.

nope cant re-flash it

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
nope cant re-flash it
Give me more information on your problem and I'll see if I can help. Is it starting up and giving you the nokia logo then just switching off? Does it bring up the multiboot screen? What happened when you tried to re-flash?

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Originally Posted by mornage View Post
I'll investigate the issues about the phone being off this evening and see if it happens to me. will let you know my outcome in the morning.

Multiboot does have a couple issues; when plugged into the charger it and you turn it on, maemo will fail to boot. It'll try to start but fail (not seen this with NITDroid but dont use it very often atm as I am still waiting for internet to arrive) It will also shut down after it first flashes the kernel when not plugged and needs to be manually rebooted before maemo will load.
I can confirm that when powered off and you plug a charger in, the phone will turn on. I presume this is because of multiboot but cannot say for sure as I never really turned my off previously.

I cannot recreate the phone coming on when it is turned issue though. Was it lying on it's back then you turn it onto its screen and it turns on?

this is what happened i was following the steps everything i installed multi-boot was reading next step screen timed out tried to turn it on would not work so i removed battery and put it back in loaded to the multiboot screen but listed no boot options i freaked out cause you remove meamos boot in the instructions before you get to this part i would have had i stroke if i did not have this rooted motorola cliq.
moving along i think it was a simple issue of not enough power so it did not list default boot mabye anyways moving along took battery out put in external chager for 30 minutes had same issue even tried to reflash would not work so i took the battery out again while it was hooked to usb cable and it started the charging flash after an hour tried again nothing so i pushed random buttons to find some kind of command terminal when i hit the back key it listed some things but no boot listed phone restarted and it had a boot to default meamo option i was so so happy so I'm okay now thank for your offers to help sorry about the run on sentence

Last edited by superg05; 2010-08-06 at 08:22.

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
any one who has problems with booting nitdroid, just do not tilt the phone or make it go portrait

Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
this is what happened i was following the steps everything i installed multi-boot was reading next step screen timed out tried to turn it on would not work so i removed battery and put it back in loaded to the multiboot screen but listed no boot options i freaked out cause you remove meamos boot in the instructions before you get to this part i would have had i stroke if i did not have this rooted motorola cliq.
moving along i think it was a simple issue of not enough power so it did not list default boot mabye anyways moving along took battery out put in external chager for 30 minutes had same issue even tried to reflash would not work so i took the battery out again while it was hooked to usb cable and it started the charging flash after an hour tried again nothing so i pushed random buttons to find some kind of command terminal when i hit the back key it listed some things but no boot listed phone restarted and it had a boot to default meamo option i was so so happy so I'm okay now thank for your offers to help sorry about the run on sentence
Wow, that sentence was epic!!!!!

You will not see a default Maemo boot option in multiboot but you can boot to it by pressing 0. If you look a few posts up I explained to someone how to get the default maemo to show in the boot menu.

Is this problem known, or is it something i can fix...

Now my phone is on Maemo, if i reboot it with the keyboard closed, it turns off, then a few seconds later, the NOKIA screen appears for about 5 seconds, then the phone turns off completely.

Then i hold the power button again to turn it on, with the keyboard closed, and it boots into maemo. It works now.

So now i try and reboot with the keyboard open, choosing option 1 to boot into Maemo. It reboots back to multiboot, and i have to select 1 again for it to boot into Maemo.

Pressing 2 in multiboot always boots into NITDroid first time, every time.

When i'm in NITDroid and want to go back to Maemo, i hold the power button till the power menu appears, and i choose "reboot" (with keyboard open).
It loads multiboot and i choose 1 for Maemo. It shows some white text on a black background, then shows the NOKIA screen, then turns off.
So i hold the power button with the keyboard open, and select 1 for Maemo again. This time it boots into Maemo correctely.

The obvious problem being, it never boots into maemo first time, it always takes 2 goes.

NITDroid never has this problem, if i choose 2 on mutliboot, it boots NITDroid first time, every time.

So, any fix?

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@munkiii no fix at the moment. it's just the way it works for now. The bootmenu-n900 did the same thing. But the first release of multiboot didn't it booted straight forth and back between the os's via the multiboot options...

So for now everybody is having that issue with double booting into maemo

Small issue for such awesome thing as 2 OS's imo

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Closed Thread