Has anyone successfully used this software to flash their n900's? I initially thought i purchased a retail n900 but found after trying to update to the latest firmware that its a pre production unit and i'm stuck with 2.2009.46-16. Would like the latest, this distros buggy. Tried flasher 3.5 tool and i get unable to find X-loader

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
I hope you aren't talking about the utility to flash Pheonix BIOS's to x86 systems... If so, there's absolutely no way that utility could even begin to do what you want it to do. flasher-3.5 does work, albeit with some difficulty if you're running windows, but there are ways to get it to work. Try searching these forums, you'd be surprised how many threads just like yours exist..

The phoenix flasher is an Nokia service utility to flash the Phones firmware.

It's floating around the net and isn't for customer use.

@ jae-v :

I don't know the situation about Nokias preproduction Models,
but often such gadgets are property of the manufacturer and not for sale.
You should take contact to the person who sells the device and get your money back.

@ all: correct me, if Im wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio16v For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by jae-v View Post
Has anyone successfully used this software to flash their n900's?
No point trying. With the N810 and N800, you needed more than just a USB cable for Phoenix to recognise them*...

*Grab the N900 L3 & L4 service manual and look at the equipment page...

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
can anyone tell me where this software is in a private message may be the only way to fix my phone