Notices

Hi!

I'm a new member here and i'm wondering if there is any news about upcoming updates?

Also I have a problem. If I type something in microb browser with portrait-keyboard and then I press enter it doesn't too anything else than move cursor to one row down, is there anything you can do about that?

Thanks for your help

me too i cant wait for a working qwerty portrait kb hope this goes well

Hello everyone,

I have suddenly noticed that my keyboard is changed and it dosent support my second language anymore or may be I dont know how to turn it into my second language.
plz help me with this...

&

I like the fact that its portrait but I hate the layout its like a normal keypad of anyother cell phone no damit we want a keyboard like the one i have for my computer.... beacause it suppose to be a mini computer not a regular cellphone like Nokia 3310...

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY KEYBOARD

( why the mess up with the already messed up e.g the option more was much better then the rearranging of icons in this pr1.2 ) we should have folder option in our GUI like iphone's folder feature, no offense to n900 user coz I love my phone anyway

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by anasjamali View Post
Hello everyone,

I have suddenly noticed that my keyboard is changed and it dosent support my second language anymore or may be I dont know how to turn it into my second language.
plz help me with this...

&

I like the fact that its portrait but I hate the layout its like a normal keypad of anyother cell phone no damit we want a keyboard like the one i have for my computer.... beacause it suppose to be a mini computer not a regular cellphone like Nokia 3310...

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY KEYBOARD

( why the mess up with the already messed up e.g the option more was much better then the rearranging of icons in this pr1.2 ) we should have folder option in our GUI like iphone's folder feature, no offense to n900 user coz I love my phone anyway
Uninstall the software and wait for it to come to Extras/Maemo.org. There's no point for you to test/use the app, if you can't even seem to understand the fact, that Extras-Devel is not for regular users and the software in there is not stable nor complete.

Period.

And by the way, we can rearrange folders, although I probably shouldn't even tell this to you. You can do it either manually or with ApMeFo (though it's again in Extras-Devel/-Testing so I'd suggest you stay away from it, to not trouble the developer or the community).

The software : ApMeFo
Doing it manually : part #1 (the whole thing), part #2 (troubleshooting), part #3 (extra)

Last edited by rantom; 2010-08-02 at 15:13. Reason: Added more info relating the folders.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
No idea if this was reported up to now or no: the use of the backspace key doesnt seem to reset the repeated-press timeout

Press 9 9 ( see W then X displayed)
Press backspace
Press 9
Expected: W
Got: Y

Originally Posted by eternal View Post
Just thought I'd give you all a progress report,

Two page qwerty, portrait and landscape modes, working nicely on my n900 (screenshots are from scratchbox though). Key layout is still under rework, its hard fitting things in nicely with hildon/gtkbuttons. (not to mention time to work on things).
Any ETA on the portrait QWERTY?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I liked old keyborad(pr1.1) but than i got used to keybaord on pr1.2 and i think it's okay, just matter of getting used to it. in my little opinion i would leave it like that just add portrait, but as i said it's my little opinion.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
Any ETA on the portrait QWERTY?
when the N900 is obsolete..............................

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
when the N900 is obsolete..............................
which would be....now...

sorry couldn't resist. anyway what's with the negativity?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
well actually the N900 was obsolete months ago (to nokia)

BUT NOT ME

I love it still

anyway If i was negative so were U.......

Tags
hit and run, worthless