Active Topics

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It's up to both. Remember that.
Not anymore. Remember that.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
all of this is whatever

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Not anymore. Remember that.
Not anymore as in 'Kevin Lynch pointed a finger at them so it must be their fault' ? The whole our-people-are-in-contact-with-their-people seems to be b******t. As the Open Screen Project is verging on the edge of massive failure, Flash ports are reportedly done by third party companies (for example, Movial does Flash for Android vendors and MeeGo). I would not bet on Flash, there is a good chance the Android 10.1 edition is a swan song (in mobile space).

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...26&newsLang=en

Originally Posted by Fötus
When I've bought the N900 and saw the video of Kevin Lynch presenting Flash Player 10.1 on the N900 I was really excited and thought it would be out in a few months...but now, exactly 10 months after the presentation, it seems to look really bad.
But why is Nokia doing this, is it, because they think if we get Flash 10 we wouldn't buy the next model/phone or something we don’t understand?
My favorite conspiracy theory is that Flash 10.1 on the N900 never existed. Kevin Lynch showed a Flash 9 site on the N900 in order to present the, by then heavily delayed, Flash 10.1 effort being on track and having industry wide support. Notice how polished Flash looked on the N900 compared to the Android versions. Nokia, polite as they are, would not deny nor confirm either case, anyway.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
My favorite conspiracy theory is that Flash 10.1 on the N900 never existed. Kevin Lynch showed a Flash 9 site on the N900 in order to present the, by then heavily delayed, Flash 10.1 effort being on track and having industry wide support.
The more I ask around and read about Flash 10, the more I realize I wouldn't be able to tell the difference - by the way, it was a "demo of how flash 10 will work", that is not to say it was actually flash 10, that it was ready, done, or a proof of concept. It's not like F10 unlocks some key feature that can't be emulated on F9.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
by the way, it was a "demo of how flash 10 will work", that is not to say it was actually flash 10, that it was ready, done, or a proof of concept.
No, he literally says "it actually supports Flash player 9 out in the market, but today, I'm able to to show it running Flash player 10.1 which is coming to Nokia's mobile phones in 2010". That's what the man said. And even if you think Nokia is super-evil and wants to keep Flash 10 away from N900 users (so you upgrade or whatnot), it still doesn't make sense that Adobe, a company desperately struggles to show Flash has industry-wide support and a future in both mobile and desktop computing, doesn't put up even a generic ARM version, or an alpha/beta, basically ANYTHING that would remotely corroborate that THAT N900 could have run Flash 10.1 (plus, as stated previously, we already know that the Flash 10.1 version for future MeeGo devices is not even done by Nokia).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Who knows? If Flash 10 is to be included in MeeGo at some point (it would need to be for the next MeeGo device - next year?) then maybe the n900 may actually get a Flash backport.

Personally I can live without Flash on my n900 but many people want it - Nokia/Adobe/Whoever should really do something.

If I'd want to live without flash I would have an iPhone...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
If I'd want to live without flash I would have an iPhone...
Agreed! but someone already hacked flash to iPAD and iPHONE4 could this be a change? i really hope no flash on the iphone4 ever! period!

This way people with an iphone4 won't be too arrogant toward others.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
There is already an app to view and play flash 10.1 content on the iphone "cloudbrowse", it uses a remote computer and it works fine.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
fact: flash 10.1 DOES work on the N900 to SOME extent...........

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update