Notices

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Why don't you add full size 3200x480 image instead of that small preview so people could just copy that to MyDocs/.images and then it would be available as background image set and people wouldn't have to select all four desktop backgrounds separately?

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Great wallpaper! I'm wondering how you made it

Also, your post actually gave me an idea, so I've made a quick how-to about changing the wallpaper colours through the hue settings on an online image editor, even though I like the original blue better http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=778533

Edit: I don't mean to make this post so people post here their different colours, just for their own personal use (if your still alright with that, otherwise I'll remove this post).
first i googled a nice big monochrome smoke pic. then i separated parts of it in a photoshop document 3200x480. made a blue layer on top and used overlay transfer mode to give it color. saved it as jpeg then opened it in adobe after effects and used an effects called trapcode shine to give it the slight zoom blur and light boost look. opened it again in photoshop and applied 4 equal slices of 800x480.

the seamless effect is another process.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shockgiga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Looks great...

Here's a link to a zip file containing the 4 images + a .desktop file for it. Unzip to MyDocs/.images (Images) and You will be able select it under Backgrounds...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RX497U71

shockgiga - Feel free to add the link and instructions to Your post.
thanks! that .desktop thing is much easier to apply. may i ask how to make that kind of file? cheers

Originally Posted by TNiga View Post
Why don't you add full size 3200x480 image instead of that small preview so people could just copy that to MyDocs/.images and then it would be available as background image set and people wouldn't have to select all four desktop backgrounds separately?
oh ok. i will upload the unsliced image when i get home. its just that i dont know how to make a .desktop file and i still manually apply each image on my n900 desktop. im still new to how maemo works.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I don't get it. You told the other guy that he can do whatever he wants with the wallpapers in your other thread. (He also asked you before doing so) So he created more color variants. Now you are complaining about that? (I can see your point but he saved you some time and it's not like he took credit for your original idea)

btw, this new wallpaper looks great.
but you have to agree that what he did was rude to the threadstarter right? i do not wish to talk abt it further that is why i did not drop names.

Nice wallpaper, really.

Using it right now and i believe i will stick with it for a while

Thank you :thumbsup:

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by shockgiga View Post
but you have to agree that what he did was rude to the threadstarter right? i do not wish to talk abt it further that is why i did not drop names.
...and yet you said yourself that you took some random smoke image from "internet" and mocked it up and then advertised it was your own creation...

I mean, come on, no-one has stolen your thunder and you should be just thankfull that someone made the hue-adjustments for you, saving your time. What's the big deal here?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-08-07 at 09:49.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
To make the desktop file you open notepad or whatever text editor you use and put this in it.

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Background Image
Name=Whatever you call your wallpaper
Hidden=True
X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/your_image_1.png
X-File2=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/your_image_2.png
X-File3=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/your_image_3.png
X-File4=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/your_image_4.png
X-Order=01
Change the bold italics bits to suit you and your image names. Save as Whatever you call your wallpaper.desktop
Done.

And stop being precious about people helping you, or adding to your work. D-Ilvil is right.
Is this community is about open source? Kinda?

Last edited by shazosbourne; 2010-08-07 at 09:49. Reason: Added something I failed to add the first time

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
I'm just (t)rolling around laughing at how the simplest comments can spark debate on m.org - it's super smashing great fun to sit back and watch!

Maybe I need to get a life?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by amebes View Post
Maybe I need to get a life?
Or stop posting zero-valuable offtopic posts and just focus on rolling on the floor laughing?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post: