Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Mexico
I just tried installing Comix on my N800 but it complains about libjpeg-progs missing, where can I get it?
Thanks

Edit: Tried to install the version from the first page on the thread, but got a message about being incompatible...

Last edited by rafaelsemx; 2010-02-13 at 00:50.

hi im new to all of this and just got my n900, what must i do to install comix, when i downloded it it said something is missing, i think its some python thing

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Comix seems a bit buggy since PR1.2. Its failed to boot once or twice and I can't stop the screen reorientating when I tilt the handset. I have turned the feature off in options but no joy I'm afraid. It's by far my most used app so any advice would be very welcome.

Ditto for me. It's still,IMHO, one of the best progs on the 900.

How can I turn off the autorotation in Comix ? I must slide out the keyboard now to read book because of the autorotation

i have bleach comics in zip files. how do i convert it to cbr files so it can play on my n900

thanks

Originally Posted by B3aTDoWn View Post
i have bleach comics in zip files. how do i convert it to cbr files so it can play on my n900

thanks
oh i found out just change .zip to .cbr

thanks anyways

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
comix works with zip files.

do either of these apps support something similar to the "guided" reading functionality of comixology? the animated smart zooming functionality is ideal for small form factoring reading. hopefully, it's achievable with intelligent image scanning rather than depending on some comixology-specific data format.

I been using Comix for the last couple months...it is my favourite app. But yesterday it stopped working i tried uninstalling then reinstalling and finally i tried running it from the command line and it gave me this error...

/home/user # comix
process 1918: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5757.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
process 1918: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5721.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
Aborted

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.