Notices

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
me like big time.... this will be great +1

i've found that if you go here you can view trophies without logging in just by adding your psn id the the end of the address allows you to view tropies in great detail but to compare them you need to log in but its better than the previous link imo
http://us.playstation.com/publictrop...tm?onlinename=your psn id

just noticed its even got a my list section that lets you add games you own and view them all

Last edited by hycraig; 2010-08-05 at 10:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hycraig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
good find but if i select a game it will not show the trophies under the game... i get this message

Note: The above information is dependent on the proper functioning of the PlayStationŽNetwork. Information is not updated in real time.

If noone beats me to it, a PS3 trophy app is number 3 on my list of apps to write (I'm close to releasing number 1 (a todo-list with all the features I want, partly written to learn maemo programming), and number 2 is quite simple, but more important to me atm (spending tracker thing)).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marble For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marble View Post
If noone beats me to it, a PS3 trophy app is number 3 on my list of apps to write
Great to hear I'll be looking forward to that.
also when you get round to it I'd be happy to test it for you
thanks

Last edited by hycraig; 2010-08-06 at 10:51.

So... after a productive weekend hacking on my other apps, perhaps we could start discussing exactly what's wanted here. (Sorry, I don't do iStuff, so don't know what the originally referred to app does.)

I'm thinking it should show your profile (psnid+icon+number of each type of trophy), along with a list of all the games you have. Clicking on a game should list the trophies for that game, and which ones you have, and how many of your friends have that trophy. You should also be able to tag trophies, and view by tag (eg. to let you list ones you're going to attempt to get next, etc).

A separate tab should show your list of friends with their overall ranks, online status, and how far ahead/behind you they are (probably as a number of bronze equivalents).

Possibly a button in the games view should open a browser googling for a trophy guide for that game.

Did I miss anything?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marble For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marble View Post
So... after a productive weekend hacking on my other apps, perhaps we could start discussing exactly what's wanted here. (Sorry, I don't do iStuff, so don't know what the originally referred to app does.)

I'm thinking it should show your profile (psnid+icon+number of each type of trophy), along with a list of all the games you have. Clicking on a game should list the trophies for that game, and which ones you have, and how many of your friends have that trophy. You should also be able to tag trophies, and view by tag (eg. to let you list ones you're going to attempt to get next, etc).

A separate tab should show your list of friends with their overall ranks, online status, and how far ahead/behind you they are (probably as a number of bronze equivalents).

Possibly a button in the games view should open a browser googling for a trophy guide for that game.

Did I miss anything?
Yeah it seems you got everything covered there looking forward to seeing it.
i'll try and help out if i can like in help finding info testing the app and stuff unfortunately i can't code but any helps better than none ehh
thanks

I'm working out how to scrape the data now, but in the meantime you can vote for this idea if you haven't already... maybe Sony'll make it easier...
http://http://share.blog.us.playstat...-profile-apis/

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Ping me if you need some help with the code Maybe you can create a garage project and push the code into a Git repository there, so we can send patches and build packages?

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thanks thp. I will do that once I've got something worth pulling I know which pages need to be fetched, and I've got some python code to parse those and retrieve the info we want in a more useful manner, I just need to wrap those into an app that does the login, fetches the pages, then does something with the result. I don't think that will be very hard, so I'll get it on garage and let you know when it's up.

The Following User Says Thank You to marble For This Useful Post: