Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
It's just demotivating listening over and over the same story every day, come on guys there are still people developing for this and loving this device, there will be surely updates for some time, and i think there will be even a flash player 10 ( http://forums.adobe.com/message/2829804#2829804 , even it's old one ) ...

so please show some dignity ?
Whilst I agree with the premise of your post I disagree with the whole dignity part. The OP has simply stated that he has lost faith in Nokia (which is a sentiment I can wholeheartedly agree with) and moved onto an Andriod based based phone that gives him the fun and support aspects bck from his OEM for the phone....

I agree it IS demotivating but by the same token, watching people like qwerty12's departure lends weight to the whole argument about the lack of respect and welcoming that sadly these forums seem to be short on.

Too many people are quick to judge and jump on the bandwagon, begin stoning people and actively seeking for a public lynching of anyone who dares to criticise the N900, Nokia or any of their subsidiaries. I agree with the OP - to a lesser extent - there are many things I would *like* my phone to do better, but at the end of the day I'm tied into a contract for the next year or so so I'm stuck with it, and just making the best of it. Enjoy it while you can, **** man, you may even learn something new!

I for one would like to say to the OP, thanks for coming along for the ride, sorry it didn't work out for you the way you hoped, and I hope you find what you desire in Andriod.

Drop by and watch some flamings from time to time, I'll have the kettle on and a packet of chocolate digestives.....

And if Johnel's coming, I'll bring cake.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wait. Qwerty12 left!?

Mh-hm.... I believe so....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Holy ****. I just found it - here.

Wow. I mean, qwerty12 was a hero, a developer, got stuff done, answered questions. And people want to deny that something isn't wrong!?

Wow. I'm... actually speechless a bit.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
Why do people feel the need to create these pointless threads there are hundreds already you could add your 2 cents to, or if ur pi**ed with nokia how about posting on their forum, dont fill up what is an amazing usefull resource up with more useless sh*t

Bye bye, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out
Why do people feel the need to post those pointless comments "oh sh*t another idiotic thread"??? There's very clear name of the topic so you could just skip it, You knew what would be there.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
With 17 Thanks? We will miss you.
I hate people who judges only by "thanks" given. We are not millions here to think that if you don't have 1k+ thankies you are useless to the community.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwenjis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
N900 is an old biitch now, new biitch is just around the block lol. It's old but I still love it. Got to agreed that Nokia losing me as one of their future customer as well if they continuing their terrible way of cashing from customer without proper responsibility in providing better products.

Hold an Iphone 4 in my hands today. Got to agreed that Iphone got so much better things inside (despite the signal problem and pain in the arse trying to activate it for my friend with the iTunes). Camera of the Iphone is fast and video is smooth, screen is superb and very very very responsive and smooth.

Oh well but I'm not jumping Apple ship yet. Apple still need to be more open to get me as a customer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Sorry Gerbick, I thought you must have known about it - being such an active member on these forums. Yes, indeed, the demise of qwerty12, due in no small part to the antagonistic actions of certain other individuals who frequent this place.....

I was speechless too. If you read the rant you will understand fully the reasons why. I'm with him on his thoughts on the matter - and the previous posts from fanboys in this very thread are simply justification for his actions.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's not a question of "when I ask for your opinion I'll tell you what it is", that's why it's termed "YOUR" opinion..... The OP has lost faith, moved from Nokia to Andriod. Fair play. I got no argument and neither should anyone else.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That goes both ways. Why should anybody give two flying ****s if you love something so much?

Welcome to the community of nobody cares... that's pretty damn sad. I liked this place better when it was still ITT. People actually were friendly.

Now? Not so much.
I am being friendly. To all the community members that do care and give something back.
Do you think all these "farewell, PS you suck" posts are giving something to the community? We have too much noise here already.

But... if you want to stay with someone just turned his back to the rest, not with the rest - it's your choice. Be "friendly"...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I am being friendly. To all the community members that do care and give something back.
Do you think all these "farewell, PS you suck" posts are giving something to the community? We have too much noise here already.

But... if you want to stay with someone just turned his back to the rest, not with the rest - it's your choice. Be "friendly"...
It WASN'T a criticism or dig at the community...in fact I praised the community in my post...its Nokia at fault not the Maemo community!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mchu6am4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I can see if people get annoyed at these kind of posts because they clutter up the forum and they may need to be organized in some better ways.

But the fact is that people object the content and they come in and post to retaliate against the writer, while ignoring\being oblivious to the bigger problem that these sort of post indicate.

So yeah, imho:
1. If you're complaning for better forum organization, I'm all for that.
2. Wake up and face the music.. get in touch with reality.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
broken windows, de ja vu, heavy sigh, hulksmash