Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Australia
Just for everyones information - I have the 3G modem going AND I have a 3G data connection!

For some reason though at the moment, it is telling me that I don't have a data connection when trying to sign in to my Google Account.

I'll be telling the other devs how to do it soon, first I'll see if I can make it let me sign in to my Google Account so it can be packaged in with the next NITdroid release.

Edit: I'll release a video soon.

Edit2: I have told the other devs how its done. Thanks goes out to the MeeGo team and Nokia who put in all the effort to get the n900 modem working in ofono, which allowed us to get this working.

Last edited by Termana; 2010-08-10 at 15:57.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Termana For This Useful Post:
No way, Termana...your NITDroid is running as a phone? Have you tested it by making calls or sending an SMS? Oh please, let it be true!

Last edited by tom047; 2010-08-10 at 15:38. Reason: poor post in general

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Australia
Originally Posted by tom047 View Post
No way, Termana...your NITDroid is running as a phone? Have you tested it by making calls or sending an SMS? Oh please, let it be true!
I have only tested GPRS, however phone calls would theoretically be possible - but none of it ties into the Android UI yet. It is ofono as the backend.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
tom if you read his message he said DATA not phone, ie you can browse but android doesnt actualyl realise theirs a phone connection

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Just for everyones information - I have the 3G modem going AND I have a 3G data connection!

For some reason though at the moment, it is telling me that I don't have a data connection when trying to sign in to my Google Account.

I'll be telling the other devs how to do it soon, first I'll see if I can make it let me sign in to my Google Account so it can be packaged in with the next NITdroid release.

Edit: I'll release a video soon.

Edit2: I have told the other devs how its done. Thanks goes out to the MeeGo team and Nokia who put in all the effort to get the n900 modem working in ofono, which allowed us to get this working.
Awesome! Did you use a ofono-debian hack?

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Excellent work Termina. Looking forward to trying this when you have it working nicely. A data connection is a damn good start towards a fully functional android build.

I cannot believe the work all you devs put into this. Thanks so much!

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Ah, I jumped the gun and now look like a tool heh. Oh well, here's hoping it has helped make some inroads for the future. Keep up the good work guys, stoked we have such wonderful contributors..!

This is great ! Looking forward to the new release. !

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
THATS AMAZING! Guys you are my heroes!!!

Keep on the work! Is it possible to spend some money from eu / germany!?

AlphaX2

Yes, can I donate ? I can only send money trough Bank to bank.
(Wire transfer).

Closed Thread