Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Its an ARM ELF binary but it depends on half the Android file system and several Android-only libs, mainly audio.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Its an ARM ELF binary but it depends on half the Android file system and several Android-only libs, mainly audio.
The frash guys seemed to have wrapped this up all nicely for the iPad/iPhone. Didn't they even wrote a custom ELF loader as iOS uses a different executable format?

For the N900 this is not needed and I guess there are also more existing counterparts for the dependencies than in iOS. Shurely, Android-only libs as audio would be more of a problem.

BTW, isn't there a project to run some Android software or integrate Android completely in a standard Linux as ARM Ubuntu etc.?

Im hoping someone can hack this into the n900 flash 10.1 is all i need.

Frash doesn't have Flash Video support.

That's not a guarantee that it wouldn't be there on Maemo5 if someone tried, but I wouldn't count on it. It seems like a waste of time trying to port when MeeGo's Flash Player will probably port fully to iOS and Maemo5 a lot easier than Android's.

How about an official flash version update for Maemo5 from Nokia though..............

i tried to install adobe flash player 10.1 on N900 maemo 5 of of some guide on the internet.. And drastically I failed
Now I'm not able to revert to the flash player I had before (9.4)
I'v tried a couple of things but can't get flash to run again, can someone please help

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
Originally Posted by SD. View Post
Frash doesn't have Flash Video support.

That's not a guarantee that it wouldn't be there on Maemo5 if someone tried, but I wouldn't count on it. It seems like a waste of time trying to port when MeeGo's Flash Player will probably port fully to iOS and Maemo5 a lot easier than Android's.

How about an official flash version update for Maemo5 from Nokia though..............
this gets us to the conclusion adobe team completed flash 10 integration r months ago but nokia feels they do not want to keep their phones updated but release new ones every 6 months with many bugs