Notices

or here -just get it from the archives after signing up

or here http://www.pbsfm.org.au/ -become a member and go to the archives for the good stuff

I buy these things called CDs. Then I rip them to my computer. They have these cool booklets that I like with lyrics and articles and pictures. But these are ancient ways and they may be strange to many here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
I buy these things called CDs. Then I rip them to my computer. They have these cool booklets that I like with lyrics and articles and pictures. But these are ancient ways and they may be strange to many here.
And you've got a backup in case you lose your data.
Otherwise Amazon's MP3 store is fine. All songs come properly tagged and with embedded high quality cover art.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I'm using Streamripper since there are many songs that are not available for sale anywhere.

So hey, in a quick nutshell, is this okay and legal to keep the songs it records off of an internet radio station?

Thanks!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Berlin
If your brain is not yet contaminated with commercial Britney Spears "music", you could give Jamendo a try:

http://www.jamendo.com/

Lots of Creative Commons music without DRM and without watermarks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorstenT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ liverpool united kingdom
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
hahaha the good old days of cds and video tapes!! god how technology has changed, where will we be in another 10 years time?!!

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
So hey, in a quick nutshell, is this okay and legal to keep the songs it records off of an internet radio station?
I can't answer for "legal", although I would doubt it. Morally, I tend to go by whether or not my usage is a replacement for purchasing the music.

Originally Posted by TorstenT View Post
If your brain is not yet contaminated with commercial Britney Spears "music", you could give Jamendo a try
Cool! I'll be exploring the "Jazz" section. I discovered that there was a lot of "smooth jazz" (easy listening), and I was hoping for something closer to Miles & Trane. But maybe smooth jazz would be better for my post-working-day commute!

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
And you've got a backup in case you lose your data.
Otherwise Amazon's MP3 store is fine. All songs come properly tagged and with embedded high quality cover art.
I agree - CDs/DVDs are instant archives.

Amazon's MP3 store is getting more impressive. I prefer it now to iTunes in terms of flexibility.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dunsurfin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So recording an internet audio stream from radio stations is a Bozo no no?

*Sigh*