Notices

Originally Posted by poka64 View Post
Geolocation seems to be a bit broken..

When I tried it was like 200km off my current position
Quick fix: use the location widget, turn it on, see if the map thumbnail is where you're at and then use geolocation for tweeting (regardless of whether you're using hahlo, tweego or witter). My n900 always seems to think that I'm 800km away at some Damn on first lock everday!! Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to hotzigetty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by hotzigetty View Post
Quick fix: use the location widget, turn it on, see if the map thumbnail is where you're at and then use geolocation for tweeting (regardless of whether you're using hahlo, tweego or witter). My n900 always seems to think that I'm 800km away at some Damn on first lock everday!! Hope this helps!
It works, thank you

Maybe Witter should activate the gps and get a location before it tries too send the tweet?

Gravity on symbian lets you cache the gps location before you tweet.

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Hi guys, seems like a lot of people having trouble...quick reminder this was an update in extras-devel...I'm trying out new things, and some bigger restructuring so there is going to be instability.

There was a missing dependancy in location, that will be fixed in the next update.
There is a bunch of barely tested code here, but I wanted to give the brave a chance to give me feedback. I really recomment most people stick to the extras-testing repo.

as for granularity in location, I am intentionally asking for just teh coarse granularity based off of cell tower info, this doesn't drain battery. I didn't want to have witter sit waiting for a nice accurate location fix whenever you tweet, and I didn't want to leave gps running in the background all the time just to have an accurate fix when I need it.
I'm pretty sure it's still only getting a fix at startup, and not updating if you move locations at the moment.

Thanks for your interest, sorry for the problems, but please remember the devel repository is for development....things do break.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:
This build works brilliantly for the most part. Like I mentioned before, it's close to a complete client.

Request: In the next build, can you put an icon for Geotaggin neart the text entry box? That way, you can select whether you want to use cell tower info or Proper GPS from the preferences itself..

Thanks Again btw..

i will like to get help at this, i cat see the trending topics, and i cant search... the precious virtual qwerty keyboard in portrait is impossible to see do u remove it?

I just saw the new version, WOW mayor improvement the main screen is so cool, that screen will be cool for everyuser when u click on them, just a suggestion... still not able to use the portrait keyboard... u did remove it right?

Last edited by CYPHERC; 2010-08-15 at 02:52.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Really like the new update, showing the most important buttons together. Maybe it's a good idea to show the timeline, mentioned and direct message immediately at startup, with an extra buttons to the rest or something. Also the more buttons on the bottom are very large now.

Keep on the good work!

doesnt work for me now and ive done the missing dependicies tried on wifi too but still nothing. cat wait till this is fixed. cant cope with other twitter apps they all seem so basic and useless

Just update to the new fix Love the fact that I have the option to only view timeline, replies and DM.. but is there a way I can set this view as default. Also, with this design, there is space to add the geotag option button at the bottom..

Can u pls add the frinds button again? please and check that every time we put a @ we get the list of friends w the first letter after the @ please

why can't i do search anymore with the new version?

Tags
python, twitter