Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by mscarrot View Post
worth to try: Install PyQt4 Full Install from Extra Devel and install Barriosquare after that it should work now.
(at least that is how I got it working)

Caution: installing something from Extra Devel is on your own risk !!.

If you tried and it worked, please post it here so others can benefit from it too !!
Dude you awesome thank u so much
it is worked for me
now , i can install it

now littlw confuse baout use this app,,
lol

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
Originally Posted by mscarrot View Post
worth to try: Install PyQt4 Full Install from Extra Devel and install Barriosquare after that it should work now.
(at least that is how I got it working)

Caution: installing something from Extra Devel is on your own risk !!.

If you tried and it worked, please post it here so others can benefit from it too !!
It didnīt work for me.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been able to spend any time on fixing this issue. I'm right in the middle of writing a thesis, so unfortunately I have zero time to spend on barriosquare right now. As most of you have noticed by now it was an update to the PyQT bindings that caused an issue (which I still haven't even looked at).

Someone commented that this was an example of the "best of maemo and the worst of maemo" and I agree. I made a few fixes to the app when PR1.2 broke it, and now an update to PyQT has broken the app again - this is not how things should work, but I also have no time to get barriosquare into a stable enough state to push into the "stable" extras repos.

The source code for the current version of barriosquare is available at http://gitorious.org/barriosquare. Please feel free to contribute fixes and I'll get releases made, but I can't spend time on this issue right now with looming doctoral thesis deadlines

Thanks all,

Scott.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scottrNZ For This Useful Post:
Is there any programmer who could have a look at this? I guess there a plenty of us users who'd really like to see barriosquare fixed.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I tried, but seeing as I don't know Python or Qt or foursquare API there was not much progress to be made (none, in fact). :P

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
I would really much like to see this great app to work again. Meantime forced to use m.foursquare and cotchin.

i just downloaded barriosquare and i got problem signing in...it says click to sign in but nothing happen

It doesn't work. There's some changes in the PR1.2 which interfered with the programme. You might be able to work it through launching an empty search for places nearby. I know I have. Nothing else then works.

Isn't there really any lovely soul that could help us with this? I don't like cotchin at all and this was well on its way to be the most used app in my books. Also, wouldn't it be easy to import this to MeeGo after that it comes out. So please...

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
gateway error....

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
For me its this or m.foursquare. Cotchin doesnt work properly. It first locates me 200km too north and then jumps 450km too south . Barriosquare did work like month ago, but now only through search and its a shame. Lets hope that ScottrNZ gets his thesis done quickly