Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
Sygic MM10 = EPIC FAIL
Really? Mine works superbly! I'm just waiting for the Live Traffic which is main feature I want from satnav.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Well after my install issues I have found MM10 to be faultless. It is quicket than 9 and routing is great. I too am looking forward to the traffic implementation.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Day 5 just ending. Email sent to support everyday and still no response I have however had 4 emails persuading me to upgrade, lovely!
I'm afraid to report that I haven't received a reply to my emails regarding problems either. That's a shame.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Does anyone know how to stop the voice navigation stating "turn right" at exactly 0.6 miles away from the right turn, regardless of there being other right turns before that one?

And not some wise crack about turning the volume down

At the moment this 0.6 mile pre-warning is absolutely ridiculous. It is so distracting and annoying.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

After a couple of days with SMM10 my perception is that the time to gpsfix is taking much much longer than with SMM9.

Does anyone else experience the same thing ?

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Does anyone know how to stop the voice navigation stating "turn right" at exactly 0.6 miles away from the right turn
You've mentioned this before, and it sounds like a bug.

Mine says "in 900 yards, turn right" at 0.6 miles away from the turning. That seems reasonable to me. If you are just hearing "turn right" then that's surely a bug.

Are you using english? You could try american english perhaps?

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
SMM10 still hasn't showed up in OVI, so I'm guessing the OVI QA actually works...

I got the email from Sygic, announcing that they had just submitted it the 6th of August.

I hope that the delay IS actually because OVI isn't satisfied with the product and not just a general OVI delay...

Nice post and logic, lets hope your onto something....

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

The Following User Says Thank You to inidrog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
Nice post and logic, lets hope your onto something....
Since when did the "moderators" of the Ovi store do anything logical

Originally Posted by vonbraun66 View Post
After a couple of days with SMM10 my perception is that the time to gpsfix is taking much much longer than with SMM9.

Does anyone else experience the same thing ?
Go to Settings -> Location on the N900 (not in SMM10). Go down to Network positioning, does it say supl.google.com?

Something happened to supl.google.com recently so it no longer works. Switch it back to supl.nokia.com.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Urmond, Netherlands
Did a complete reflash, inluding eMMC. Fresh install of MM10 a reboot after that. Still mini freezes and lags. I just cannot imagine there are people with MM10 running smoothly. What's the difference?

The Following User Says Thank You to gkosters For This Useful Post: