Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
There have been some valid points raised and asked in here but am getting a bit annoyed having to read thru the many personal attacks and bull...can’t we just keep it to what the thread is about.. that being what could the community continue helping with regarding the n900?

my 2 peneth worth is i hope the community does continue to help as this is still a remarkable phone even with it's flaws.
I completely agree with you 100% and it now is very clear that the rules a regs of this community are NOT WORKING so please Reggie do look at this seriously and you will learn not only who the culprits are by the offending posts and the thankyou's that go with them, it is not difficult to work out and to be honest it is a real downer for your community and making it very very clear indeed that the rules apply to the majority but the bussom pals can say and do anything on here ..... and get away with it !.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I completely agree with you 100% and it now is very clear that the rules a regs of this community are NOT WORKING so please Reggie do look at this seriously and you will learn not only who the culprits are by the offending posts and the thankyou's that go with them, it is not difficult to work out and to be honest it is a real downer for your community and making it very very clear indeed that the rules apply to the majority but the bussom pals can say and do anything on here ..... and get away with it !.
Have you actually reported any of these posts you're objecting to, or are you expecting Reggie to single-handedly read through every single post of every single thread?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Have you actually reported any of these posts you're objecting to, or are you expecting Reggie to single-handedly read through every single post of every single thread?
I am sorry to say this but the last post i reported got a reply from a Mod who i will not name to get a life !.

It is getting worse and is very very offending to everyone that has to read through the attacking going on so i can only say this... please report them because you may just get a result.

The biggest problem on here is the offenders are very VERY pally with the Mods and that is the reason nothing is done and the reason people are just leaving.

All i wish for is the good and quite frankly my comments are drastically lacking personal feeling because at least i go by the rules.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
report them posts if you wish but personally i feel getting banned for a week is a price worth paying if it means offending abill_uk

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@abill: I will not play your blame game, but I will connect some logical missing links for you:

- What you think as 'pally' are most likely like-minded people agreeing each other's posts so they don't have to make a duplicate post. I can assure you there have been no conspiratorial private messages, nor secretive irc meetings nor weekly book clubs.

- Those 'attacks' that you mentioned? They basically started off responding to your:
a). incredulous claims (your various unproved, unbacked hacking claims).
b). strong worded remarks which are based on misunderstood concepts (allusion to this mythical super-organized 'community' that are holding things back, which precludes yourself somehow).
c). continuous emotional rebuttals, which brings more and more people and variables into this vortex of ****.

Let's put all this behind us.

Let's see you put the money where your mouth is.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Now i think something will be done aas they simply carry on and on and on.

The offending does not effect me but it DOES effect everyone reading the blatent rule breaking so Reggie please take care of this i ask you for everyone on this community.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@OP

I have deliberately chosen to defend some points you made and I did so by stating that I prefer people who speak their mind bluntly but fair above people that do the opposite. There is, however one thing attached to that approach: chances are people will speak to you as bluntly as they rated your opening post.

You probably know the saying about heat and kitchens and staying out of kitchens if you canīt stand the heat. Ignore the people you donīt like and get on with the things that are important. Please.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am sorry to say this but the last post i reported got a reply from a Mod who i will not name to get a life !.
Judging by some of your previous timewasting abuses of the moderation system you have only yourself to blame.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spanner For This Useful Post:
Do as I say, not as I do == FAIL

Do as I say, not as I do == abill_uk

abill_uk == FAIL

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
That some people prefer to get into semantics based on the wrong use of words like "us" and the like. (Al though I will admit I was put off by the thread title as well.) It would actually be nice if people would try and remember that a lot of people here do not speak english as their primary language (I for one).

<snip>

None of this is possible without a strong community. And that is how I interpreted the use of the dreaded word "us".
This isn't just semantics. abill_uk IS a native English speaker and his choice of separating "community" from "us" gives the appearance of creating two audiences here. Some have asked for clarification and received none.

I see the thread title as divisive, which supports the opposite of a strong community. And you acknowledge being new, which indicates you are likely still lacking the context that would help you understand where some responders are coming from.

If abill_uk doesn't mean to create the perception of division, then I would suggest he reword the thread title so we can unwrap from that axle.

EDIT: but again, the thread has become about the poster rather than his subject. I am hovering over the Close function...

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-08-16 at 16:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
blablabla bla, check offenders, community v us, lost dummy, reggie please, show-me-proof, shutupabillpls, wheres-reggie