Active Topics

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
on a linux pc : plug your n900 in via usb , select mass storage mode ,using gparted create your partition , mount the volume , using file-roller extract the .tar.bz2 onto your sdcard partition 3 .
you can do the following on the phone , but it will take some time...
open x-terminal and do the following

apt-get install bzip2
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
bzip2 -d debian-m5-v3b-rootfs.tar.bz2

assuming , you have already created and formatted partition 3 on your sdcard , for use by easydebian

cd /
mkdir /easydebian
mount /dev/mmcblk1p3 /easydebian
cd /easydebian
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3b-rootfs.tar

i hope this is what you needed..
Guys,
I am sorry for being a pain. I have reflashed all and starting from scratch, fresh clean install. I have partitioned using Ubuntu and the mccblk1p3 is 2.2gb etx2 debian. When I complete the line above highlighted, I get it can't mount invalid argument. If I try umount /dev/mmcblk1p3 i also get the same. what am I doing wrong?

Hi, I have question. I just reflashed N900, installed Easy Debian on clean device, used debian-m5-v3b-rootfs.tar.bz2. Everything is working fine, but i cant do right-clik with holding stylus. In past it was working fine, but not now. Do you know where is the problem? Thanks

Hi,
I'm connecting to the internet on my n900 using a usb cable an my pc (usb networking and a DUMMY network) and it works great. But in easy debian it doesn't work, in the connctions under lxde i can see the usb connection and choose it but i still cant access the web from easy debian. I am able to ping to my computer in easy debian but when i try to www.google.com i get unknown host. is there any way i can make easy debian use the maemo's connection?
Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
pingu,

My N900 is dead at the moment, so I'm going from memory, but I think this should work...

After you have the USB network running, but before opening LXDE, perhaps try the following:

1. open Easy Debian by clicking on the red swirl icon
2. close that terminal window.
3. open a Maemo terminal and type:
Code:
sudo synchroot
sudo closechroot
exit
4. run LXDE as normal.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
My N900 is dead at the moment
Sorry to hear that. What has happened?

My N900 got stolen 3 weeks ago, and I got a new one just today, and I'm in the process of restoring everything (fortunately I have rather complete backups of everything).

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Sorry to hear that. What has happened?

My N900 got stolen 3 weeks ago, and I got a new one just today, and I'm in the process of restoring everything (fortunately I have rather complete backups of everything).
Nice you are like the exact opposite of me. xD I never keep backups for anything. (BAD! I know) and I put files all over the place. Good thing that I have a separate partition for /home on my BB linux.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Yup, occasionally it does pay off to make backups! For example, PR1.2 messed up the osso-pdf-viewer, and from my backups I could revert to the good one from 1.1.1. So I heartily recommend backups!

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Yup, occasionally it does pay off to make backups! For example, PR1.2 messed up the osso-pdf-viewer, and from my backups I could revert to the good one from 1.1.1. So I heartily recommend backups!
My laziness doesn't let me

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
My N900 got the dreaded Texrat loose USB port problem and the battery stopped charging.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by qole View Post
My N900 got the dreaded Texrat loose USB port problem and the battery stopped charging.
NO!!!!! why awesome developers need to loose their n900's!!!???

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze