Good grief, people. The Nokia USA store ran a huge promotion on the N900. Now they're sold out. How you leap from that to "discontinued" is beyond me.

I am disappointed. Dont know sh*t about linux but choose n900 instead of milestone for the multitasking and the open source stuff and what wonderful apps this could deliver. At least nokia could give to community all the drivers`s sources.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocegas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Good grief, people. The Nokia USA store ran a huge promotion on the N900. Now they're sold out. How you leap from that to "discontinued" is beyond me.
lol, I hope you are being sarcastic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by TheTree View Post
The fact that a third-party vendor still has some stock is hardly proof that the phone is still being manufactured.
Nor is it proof that it isn't. Your point?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I mean... I made jokes about dumping them, earlier in the thread.. but it's becoming less funny now. Wow.. not even a year.
Warranties have to be fufilled somehow. If Nokia doesn't plan on making anymore N900s than maybe they'll have to offering the N8 or N9 as a replacement as some N900s start to break down due to the USB port issue.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-08-17 at 15:33.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
961 in stock. None on order.

But they might also want to deplete the current stock a little further before replenishing. These are the guys that had 17000 units on order in November last year

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...er_id=!ORDERID!

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
For about 3 days after that promotion showed up, the purchase page for the N900 said it was out of stock. Now the purchase page no longer exists and the main landing page for the N900 has no buy link. Other links scattered around NokiaUSA that should go to the N900 purchase page instead give a missing page error. I understand that I could be misinterpreting something here, but I suspect that if Nokia was planning to continue manufacturing and selling the device, they would have left the purchase page online and saying "temporarily out of stock."

Originally Posted by dchky View Post
You seem quite convinced that third party stores having stock meant that the N900 was still being manufactured. I was trying to let you know that third party stock means little in terms of happenings at the assembly line in such a short period of time.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheTree For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
the official line at nokiausa is that it is temporarily out of stock. i think they want N8 to take over and are therefore removing n900

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Warranties have to be fufilled somehow. If Nokia doesn't plan on making anymore N900s than maybe they'll have to offering the N8 or N9 as a replacement as some N900s start to break down due to the USB port issue.
A third party site having stock to sell doesn't prove or disprove that a product is no longer being manufactured nor that it's being manufactured. How's that for an all-encompassing fact? The other fact of the matter is that, given all the inventory shortages, very low prices and Nokia's announcements about an upcoming MeeGo device, etc. it just feels like history is repeating yet again and it looks like the Nokia N810/N810WE all over again.

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
It's just assumptions based on all the signs converging on a particular direction. Nothing more. There's no proof of it.. just the symptoms.

Which part of my generalization are you having trouble with exactly? I did not reference you specifically by name, I meant in general terms many posters within this thread are referencing carriers like Verizon and such.

NewEgg are still selling the N900 so it's hardly discontinued, which is, ultimately, my actual point.
Yeah, context counts for a lot. People were talking about NewEgg and the NokiaUSA website for a full page before you jumped in and, in context again, what you said still doesn't fit into the discussion about what people are seeing. In fact, there would NEVER be anybody bringing up Verizon because the N900 uses GSM and Verizon only uses CDMA/EVDO radios. Also, the point is that NewEgg is seemingly DUMPING their inventory of N900's with this sale, which is, ultimately, my actual point. GOOD DAY, SIR!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
if i see the prices about $400 or $280 i could scream loud i payed 600Euro around 800$ and the badest thing is nokia.de sales the N900 still for 469 Euro that are 600$ i guess they suck out the german Market.. but however it seems to be still aviable at the Nokia.de Store.