Active Topics

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Verona, Italy
Hi to everyone, i'd like to try to use Maemo SDK on a virtual machine in VIrtualBox, which distro is better? now i'm downloading Kubuntu in order to have qt lib already installed.

Any suggestion?
Regards

OK Not Kubuntu, it does not start on my virtual machine (after selecting live or install only a black screen......)

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
I'm pretty sure it must be Ubuntu.

I am having quite a hard time figuring it out in Arch Linux, and have given up lots of times.
So if anybody who uses Arch Linux could guide me step-by-step, I would be grateful!

OK. I installed linux mint, run the gui installer (python script) and now i have my scratchbox and emulator working... but no software to develop in c++/qt? Do i need to install manually Qt Creator? In my Scratchbox i do not have qmake executable..... sorry for my ignorance: is there some good link to understand how to create a complete development enviroment (c++/qt) for n900?

Last edited by maurelio79; 2010-08-17 at 19:09.

where do I find a list with the tools needed to build apps under Ubuntu?

I've found just an article saying how to create a reddit clone .. and it was regarding scartchbox development.

Originally Posted by WorldKaoss View Post
where do I find a list with the tools needed to build apps under Ubuntu?

I've found just an article saying how to create a reddit clone .. and it was regarding scartchbox development.
Are you asking to me? :-)

yes.

what apps did you install on ubuntu to create Qt apps for N900?

I do not know... i mean i went here
http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...emo_5_SDK.html

i downloaded the gui installer, i lanched the python installer reading this guide
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...l_Installation

section 2.2

now i have scratchbox and the simulator..... and then? To build a Qt app/widget?

After that i also installed qt sdk from here
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/

but if i create a new project, there's no any place to put "maemo project" (as they say in the guide...)

At the moment i'm not able to build any app for n900....

ok. thanks for the info.

if I find a fix for your problem I'll post here.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
To build qt app for Maemo 5, you have 4 ways to do it:

1st: Install scratchbox, Maemo SDK and in SDK install libqt4-dev. Copy your project to somewhere you can see it in scratchbox and build it inside scratchbox.

2nd: Install madde (you can find guide for it somewhere). It works in Windows and Linux.

3rd: Install Nokia Qt SDK and during install select Maemo Toolkit (i think it uses madde too). Works in Windows and Linux.

4th: Install Nokia Qt SDK and select experimental tools and Qt Remote Compiler. You need Forum Nokia account but you dont need any SDKs or other tools installed than QtCreator. Works in Windows and Linux.

And to the topic:
I use Maemo SDK in Gentoo and got it work easily.
Best way is to install scratchbox from distros own packagemanager and Maemo SDK from gui-installer

but if i create a new project, there's no any place to put "maemo project" (as they say in the guide...)
At the moment i'm not able to build any app for n900....
You don't need to specify project to be Maemo project. Same project should work for S60, Linux, Windows, Mac and Maemo.