Active Topics

Originally Posted by ETalvala View Post
daperl,

While that works fine for lower resolutions, I don't think it's really feasible for full resolution RAW. 5 MP frames mean you can't run faster than 10 fps, which is a bit too slow for the viewfinder. Plus, downsampling/demosaicking that takes just about 70 ms or so, leaving essentially no CPU for anything else.
Here's a scheme that will put a smooth/morphed 27 fps viewfinder about 148 ms behind realtime while having a photo in realtime.

5 MP frame capture is 9 fps
Ctn = capture at time n
DD3tn = 1/3 UYVY diff of Ctn - Ct[n-3] at time n
Otn = viewfinder output at time n
tn = 1/27n seconds

DD3t3 = (Ct3 - Ct0) / 3
Ot3 = Ct0
Ot4 = Ct0 + DD3t3
Ot5 = Ot4 + DD3t3
Ot6 = Ot5 + DD3t3 // or just Ct3
DD3t6 = (Ct6 - Ct3) / 3
Ot6 = Ct3
Ot7 = Ct3 + DD3t6
Ot8 = Ot7 + DD3t6
Ot9 = Ot8 + DD3t6 // or just Ct6

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
I have access to neither nor a platform to run them on.
Then why install something that shoots in RAW??

Originally Posted by Russianhaxor View Post
Then why install something that shoots in RAW??
I have an optical calibration target I'm testing. The point is to recover the principal point, principal distance and optical distortion patterns. I plan to calibrate the optics for each color individually to also handle chromatic abberation, An n900 is far handier than a canon camera or a higher end camera like an illunis. And I can ultimately cross compile the application on the n900 and run the calibration there.

Apparently in SVN there's a fix but apparently it wasn't deemed a "show stopper" on their side so I believe there's not a version available.

I bought a linux phone *because* I run linux...it's a suck shame the n900 can't even load its own raw images.

hello
Pls, it is possible to make 2sec timer when i press camera button?
THX!
btw. awesome app!

We've just pushed a new version of fcam-drivers and fcamera to extras-testing. It works with titan's kernel, produces much more compatible dng files, and has several other bugfixes and tweaks.

The dng files now seem to be readable correctly with everything we use around here: Adobe products (using the 2003 or 2010 process), dcraw and derived programs, and picasa.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to abadams For This Useful Post:
Last night I tested dcraw -d (raw bayer) successfully, although I shot it in the dark. I would have shot a calibration field today except my wife went into labor early early this morning.

One other question...is the focus mechanical or purely software? I can run the calibration at diff focus levels to test myself but its helpful to know ahead of time.

also does anyone know the cell size of the cmos chip? 7.5u ? dimensions of the ccd itself would also work.

Last edited by bnolsen; 2010-08-18 at 02:21.

Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
Last night I tested dcraw -d (raw bayer) successfully, although I shot it in the dark. I would have shot a calibration field today except my wife went into labor early early this morning.

One other question...is the focus mechanical or purely software? I can run the calibration at diff focus levels to test myself but its helpful to know ahead of time.

also does anyone know the cell size of the cmos chip? 7.5u ? dimensions of the ccd itself would also work.
After a bit of digging around I found that the Image Sensor is 2.20um x 2.20um Pixel Size and 5.68mm x 4.31mm Active Image Area, Length - 7.55mm, Width - 7.25mm

Hope this helps

Last edited by james174; 2010-08-18 at 11:02.

To further add it seems Toshiba offers a new Dynastron CMOS image sensor with a pixel pitch of 1.75 μm, reduced from 2.2 μm. The 5mp version aka 5-M Dynastron ET8EM2 ** has the following features:-

Optical Format - 1/3.2 inch

Pixel Count - Approx. 5 M 2,584(H)× 1,960(V)

Cell Size - 1.75μm × 1.75μm

Output Signaling - RAW

Frame Rate - 12 fps at full resolution

Control Bus - I2C

Image Signal Processing - None

hi

after the upgrade ...
fcamera crashed and since it won't start ... tried rebooting the phone; reinstalling the app ... nothing works
LEDs stopped working too

any idea when this will be fixed?
any idea how i can install the old drivers till this is fixed?

thank u!

app was a real battery killer after the upgrade!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
hi

after the upgrade ...
fcamera crashed and since it won't start ... tried rebooting the phone; reinstalling the app ... nothing works
LEDs stopped working too
Removing the battery for a short while should get things working again (until the next time you run fcamera).

Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
any idea how i can install the old drivers till this is fixed?
apt-get install fcam-drivers=1.0.5-2

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: