I do like the looks alot. Brings back memories of my Zune HDs aluminium back. This device just happens to be all aluminium.
Rumour is that there would be all black version too.

Originally Posted by djs_tx View Post
Ok I know the aesthetic is polarizing but you have to be excited about a real Linux mobile computer of this build quality. I can't think of any other OEM linux computing platform with this level of fit and finish and quality. Android IMHO does not count as "real Linux", it is just Linux the kernel, not Linux the open source eco-system.
Aesthetics aren't all that important to me to tell the truth, but without specs to look an OS to see, etc, it is hard to discuss much else.

I am definitely in love with the idea of another linux mobile computer like the N900, but I'll probably skip this generation and wait for the 2nd gen MeeGo device since I'll have MeeGo on my old N900.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by djs_tx View Post
Ok I know the aesthetic is polarizing but you have to be excited about a real Linux mobile computer of this build quality. I can't think of any other OEM linux computing platform with this level of fit and finish and quality. Android IMHO does not count as "real Linux", it is just Linux the kernel, not Linux the open source eco-system.

Now Nokia needs to make laptops running Meego with the same level of fit and finish.
David
I find nothing useful in running MeeGo on my Nokia Booklet 3G (which is nearly as good at the build quality).
With that high resolution I want to have actual windows which I can see at the same time.
That is nearly not possible with the Netbook UI.
With other UIs it is okay, though.
ATM I'm running Ubuntu 10.04. (because MeeGo is not usable for day-to-day usage yet.)

And btw . I've nothing to add to the fight club comment. ;-)

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-08-20 at 21:50.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
What I'm really worried about is the launch date. I'm thinking that for the whole Christmas holiday, I'm going to be on the phone for hours with nokia reps. It's gonna be a lame holiday.

The Following User Says Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
What I'm really worried about is the launch date. I'm thinking that for the whole Christmas holiday, I'm going to be on the phone for hours with nokia reps. It's gonna be a lame holiday.
So don't buy one, duh. Buy a finished product instead..

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Uh no. I'm not worrying about the phone being finished. Im worrying about going through the whole stupid nokia preorder/release date thing that I already did with the N97 and N900.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Ah gotcha.

Yea that was ridiculous! I was on the edge of my seat for quite a while last year as the N900 launch was delayed, delayed again, and delayed some more.

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
only a little similar... maybe in keyboard colors !

what do you think ?
Attached Images

Originally Posted by 222 View Post
only a little similar... maybe in keyboard colors !

what do you think ?

i was looking for this pics because every leaked phone has a macbook pro keyboard lol

The Following User Says Thank You to CYPHERC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
When will Nokia start pre-orders? NokiaWorld? October with MeeGo 1.1 release? All the worries I had about whether Nokia gives a f*** are all but gone. They definetley realize the urgency of getting the N9 flagship out before Christmas.

Tags
design, nokia n9