Originally Posted by Manul View Post
First of all, it took me quite a while and many increasingly frustrating attempts to add the N900 to iSync until I had figured out that for Bluetooth synching I first need to enable Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking on the N900 by installing bluetooth-dun from Extras.
After that, and after installing the community provided iSync plugin, iSync recognised my N900 just fine and synching works nicely now. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who provided the plugin!
I also tried the official Nokia plugin, but couldn't get it to work. It recognised my phone alright, but gave me an unspecified error during synching.
Same thing here, running 10.5.8 on an old PowerBook G4.

HOWEVER: i first had to erase iSync's history. It would not work before that.

Pretty relieved now.

looks like i'm not the only G4 owner here...thanks guys,I'll try this evening and see if it works.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
After trying the "official" plugin which did not work, I tried this and worked perfectly, the first time I installed and tried.

Even better, this plugin supports syncing via BlueTooth.

I want to say thank you to all the developers of this plugin. I've just received a MacBook Pro at my work and this is of incredible help.

I just installed everything and it works, but I have the same problem with syncing as I had with the official plugin: some calendar events could not be received. For the first sync I reset the N900 and had all calendar events and all contacts copied from the Mac to the N900. Unfortunately 56 events were randomly left out; the same events that the official plugin also could not copy. I haven't seen anything that the left out events have in common. They come from all three calendars I copied to the N900, with and without alarm, full-day and non-full-day events, etc. Does anyone have any idea?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My isync works without problems. It seems, though, that if I sync more that 50 or 60 events in the Calendar with the N900, the Calendar process in the phone never stops running active (it wont sleep) and eats between 50 and 80 percent of processor resources even when not used.
I guess its a bug with the Calendar app. So I stopped syncing with iCal at all.

Guys I really need help.
Have tried all above options with no luck of getting my Isync to add n900 as an accepted device!!!!

Have downloaded the nokia isync plugin and tried both usb n bluetooth. With usb isync just wants bluetooth turned on n there is no recognition of the n900.

With bluetooth the MBP pairs with the phone and I can transfer files no problem but isync will not add the device as a supported device.

Then I downloaded the maemo isync pluin with the same story.

Bluetooth DUN is installed. Mac software is updated (10.6.4) N900 software is updated to 2010.19.1

pls help!!!!!!!!

I had that same problem with iSync and bluetooth for a while. I think iSync can only add to a device if it's not connected to the computer already. Keep fiddling with it a bit and read the help-file for iSync. You'll get there.

as sonn as i get home i'll try this...

use this one my friend it worked with me
Attached Files
File Type: zip N900iSyncPlugin.dmg.zip (265.1 KB, 150 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to fadimck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fadimck View Post
use this one my friend it worked with me

OMG!!!! awesome thanks im trying to keep this on top as soon as i get out from hell (work) i'll try it