Notices

"when you download a item from dropbox it gets a newer timestamp on your device,"
Can't you touch the file and set the timestamp after downloading it ?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Lateagain View Post
"when you download a item from dropbox it gets a newer timestamp on your device,"
Can't you touch the file and set the timestamp after downloading it ?
Unfortunately i havent found the functionality from python to set last modified time stamp back. I would assume this is some os security issue, you cant really go and lie to the os. As I am creating a new file it gets the modified date from the creation time.

Please tell me if you know how to define own modified time for files with python in maemo.

P.S. Been busy at work, ill try to push upload sync + other stuff next week for you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
Thank you for your efforts on this much needed application!

What is the best resolution for the attached? Which package does dropn900 need?
It might break another app but I will see what it is and evaluate.
I had this same problem today, this is the first time I tried to install dropn900 and my phone was just flashed with pr1.2 yesterday. I'm guessing some other app was messing with the dependencies, but here is what I did explicitly to fix it:

Close the app manager
Open a terminal
Enter the following commands:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui
When the command is finished, open the app manager again and install dropn900

Like they said previously that command will go through and update a lot of the qt packages and then everything seems to work okay

The Following User Says Thank You to rajsite For This Useful Post:
I appear to be getting an error.

Could not fetch metadata.

I'm unable to see or download anything from my account. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, Dropbox was just playing up. It's all good now.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2010-08-21 at 18:27.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Phew, been busy at work and too tired at home to do anything for this project, or had other stuff to do. Today I've had a good night of sleep and will code some python. Lets see if gf will get in the way at some point

Originally Posted by rajsite View Post
I had this same problem today, this is the first time I tried to install dropn900 and my phone was just flashed with pr1.2 yesterday. I'm guessing some other app was messing with the dependencies, but here is what I did explicitly to fix it:

Close the app manager
Open a terminal
Enter the following commands:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-gui
When the command is finished, open the app manager again and install dropn900

Like they said previously that command will go through and update a lot of the qt packages and then everything seems to work okay
This is not right, I have that package as a dependency. Are you sure you did apt-get update; before you installed dropn900. I just think it installed some older ones, that conflicted with some python2.5-qt4-* packages so you had to upgrade them all. If you didn't have any python2.5-qt4- packages before installing dropn900 I cant see how it could have failed.

Well, I'm glad you got it fixed others coming here will find yout post useful

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I appear to be getting an error. Could not fetch metadata.

I'm unable to see or download anything from my account. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, Dropbox was just playing up. It's all good now.
Alright, I thought this was a bit strange. There is no good reason why you would not get metadata if you login has succeeded. I can think of N900 being offline (dropped after login) or dropbox servers being busy (should be quite rare, they are slow sometimes though when I'm testing). Third possibility is a bug in my code for some special action combo you throw at it, restart should fix those

It was a problem with the servers. The same was happening when I tried it on Android.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
This client rocks o/

Hi jonneau,

A little late to the game, but I wanted to voice my appreciation too. Your app didn't make me buy a N900... instead it made me create a Dropbox account, which I didn't have, just because I knew I could then use it with my phone :-)

I voted in the contest, and am glad you did well, it was definitely deserved ! I am also a Python & PyQt fan, so it's good to see such great maemo apps showing off the platform...

I hope you make it to Dublin and have a great time, you will represent the community well !

Can this be made for the N810?
Thanks

It rocks. One more reason to stop thinking about going back to my old iPhone.

Thanks!!