Notices

Ok guys
I download and decompress all.tar.gz in Windows.
And after upload to my N900.
But App Manager gives me Operation Failed and Unable to update Incompatible application package
What I'm supposed to do?

Thank you

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I've noticed that when my N900 starts to get slow and you click on something that triggers a sound, you often get multiple sounds(especially when pressing 'X', it sounds like someone hits a drum fast or something). I don't think that happened with the old version.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Can you somehow get this to work with stock kernel as well Mohammad? It kind of bad that if someone want to use this have to go through power kernel mode

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
I've noticed that when my N900 starts to get slow and you click on something that triggers a sound, you often get multiple sounds(especially when pressing 'X', it sounds like someone hits a drum fast or something). I don't think that happened with the old version.
Trust me happened to stock pulse audio too. Once you've opening too many apps or the device been on for more than 1day you might get this symtom.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Can you somehow get this to work with stock kernel as well Mohammad? It kind of bad that if someone want to use this have to go through power kernel mode
I'm looking at the kernel power patches, I seem to have found where st_enable is defined, but I'll need some time to compile this, laptop's X crashes a lot for some reason and the remote scratchbox I was using died.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I'm looking at the kernel power patches, I seem to have found where st_enable is defined, but I'll need some time to compile this, laptop's X crashes a lot for some reason and the remote scratchbox I was using died.
Good to know that you're getting to it many users here still haven't touched Power Kernel. I personally touched it and found that it doesn't really benefiting my every usage other gaming, so I went back to stock by full reflashed and I hope this pulse audio patch may help fix the random stuttering.

Can you confirm on the CPU usage of this new patch? Stock pulse eat quite a lot with built-in speakers.

Ok I installed it.
Stereo speakers and EarSpeakers max volume levels increased.
Crackling descreased.
Stuttering don't know.

Thank you man

Last edited by bigdarkmad; 2010-08-22 at 11:59.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Yes, should've provided instructions on pinning it, it's cause the new package uses the old version number as PR1.2 depends on it.

Reinstall then pin it.

Code:
for x in pulseaudio libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0 pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-extra pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-hal pulseaudio-module-x11 pulseaudio-utils
do echo -e "Package: $x
Pin: release a=unstable 
Pin-Priority: 1001\n" >> /etc/apt/preferences
done
I know you know what you already know that you told me to do works, but just to confirm
Code:
The following packages have been kept back:
  libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-ttf2.0-0 pulseaudio
  pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-extra
  pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-hal pulseaudio-module-x11
  pulseaudio-utils
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 12 not upgraded.
Cheers mate.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
Busybox tar doesn't like the tarball.

Install gnu-tar and use that instead ; eg

apt-get install gnu-tar
gtar zxvf all.tar.gz
It's no tarball, it's a gzip file, as you can tell from *.gz
Afaik messybox tar doesn't know how to implicitly invoke unzip

get decent tools, you got 32G empty space for those on N900 ;-P
nuke crappybox

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
ok, so is there gonna be a installable package in some repositories when test are done?