Active Topics

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Can you provide the source? I don't know about PE1.0 at all. I would want to read about it too.
The source came from a maemo forum in China. The source, who has a good track record and obviously has access to Nokia internal release, claimed the current plan is to release PE1 in Week 35. Another member followed up by showing some screenshots of an internal Week 31 build. The only thing obvious from the picture is rootfs space seems to get a little bigger.

However, PE1 designation is mentioned in Modest commits as well. So the next release is definitely coming, just don't know when.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
The source came from a maemo forum in China. The source, who has a good track record and obviously has access to Nokia internal release, claimed the current plan is to release PE1 in Week 35. Another member followed up by showing some screenshots of an internal Week 31 build. The only thing obvious from the picture is rootfs space seems to get a little bigger.

However, PE1 designation is mentioned in Modest commits as well. So the next release is definitely coming, just don't know when.
Wait, wait, what in the world is PE1.0? I've never heard this term before.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
PE seems to be in reference to "N900 hw adaptation project" for MeeGo - some kind of transitional dual boot arrangement.

I haven't seen it referenced in any other way until sony123's post.

Last edited by dchky; 2010-08-22 at 14:42.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
what's PE short for? if PR was 'public release', what's PE? 'private experiment'?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
i'll remain in hibernation until pr2.0

The Following User Says Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
what's PE short for? if PR was 'public release', what's PE? 'private experiment'?
Product Enhancement or Product End. My bet is on the first one.

Product Extension

The Following User Says Thank You to xuggs For This Useful Post:
Hmm.. but what does this mean for the end user?

Well, I reckon the biggest thing is portrait mode,but I really haven't had any other problems with PR1.2. Like others said, and what I will be doing is probably running a MeeGo / Maemo 5 dualboot on my N900

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post

So my guestimate was absolutely spot on
I my guestimate is somewhere in the 30th+ weeks.
And seems like a blindly luck.

Tags
early start, firmware, fremantle, future, jump the gun, maemo, maemo 5, myth continued, not again, pr 1.3, pr1.3, product release, some1 shoot him, speculation, update, wait, wait for pr1.4, waiting, waiting more