Active Topics

I got rid of my N900 a while back due problems i had on the device. Thinking of getting another one. Would like to know whats new for the device?
Has there been a new update since the PR1.2?

The Following User Says Thank You to maemo900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
PR 1.2 is the latest Maemo5 firmware release. There is a Meego release that is not intended for end users.

Most of the community developed applications have had updates. The big news is in the camera applications. fCamera provides more access to the controllable aspects of the camera hardware, blessn900 enables some features and provides for HDR and superzoom.

If you gave your first N900 the boot because of the camera you'll want to look into this again. If there were other issues you might list them so the community has a clue to what area needed improvement to get you back to using the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Nitdroid -- Android on Nokia Internet Tablets -- is also new, but not complete yet.

It depends on the problems you had. If you didn't like how it was:

1. More DIY than most phones and
2. Not an iPhone

Then no that hasn't changed. If it was just a few small bugs in the software that bothered you but you didn't mind hacking around a bit and using the xterm, get it again.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post
I got rid of my N900 a while back due problems i had on the device. Thinking of getting another one. Would like to know whats new for the device?
Has there been a new update since the PR1.2?
nope go droid

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Hmm, a pulse audio patch is now available to fix the sound stuttering, hildon desktop is now a community effort and we are going to see some community updates on it, and PR 1.3 is rumoured to be just around the corner.
Besides that, not many news; maybe there are now two or three apps more in Ovi store than the last time you checked.