Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Gone again it seems...

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Gone again it seems...
More than gone. It used to come up with Out of Stock; now the N900 is even omitted from the "Phones by model" "Select phone model" drop-down menu. I'd say there ain't gonna be no more never.

Another note on this deal: yesterday night I received the phone. I've set it up--I like it. However, when I (following the instructions of the friendly and helpful agent who sold me the phone) tried to enter the rebate code, summer280, at the Nokia Flipswap site, I found the code not valid--just as described a post or two up...

So, I called NokiaUSA and talked first to a salesperson, then a supervisor, then her supervisor, insisting each time that I'd been told that the summer280 code was valid. (The original ad, which I web-clipped, said it was valid 'til Aug 31st! and two different NokiaUSA representatives, both of whom checked with their supervisors, told me over the course of the week of Aug 20th that the summer280 code would be valid for an N900 purchased when I purchased it... sigh.) Each person today told me the code had only been valid on Aug. 13th... Thus putting me out $280. Double sigh!

The end result of this conversation is that the supervisor's supervisor is going to pull up the audio recordings of my sale and double-check that the agent talked with me about the code, which indeed they did. They'll call me back tomorrow. They haven't, though, told me whether (even if the agent did tell me the code was valid) they'll honor the code or no.

If anyone else is in the same situation, I'd love to hear about it. And if you are in that situation and the conversations I have with the Nokia folks offer any information that might be useful to you, I'll try and post them here tomorrow.

Lovely device, but what a pain buying it this way.

Cheers,
Jon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonathandueck For This Useful Post:
OK, I've just now heard back from the NokiaUSA supervisor's supervisor. They verified that the agent did tell me the code was valid (and I'm sure he believed it was! the ad appeared to say it would be as well). They let me know that perhaps a new code would be released to rectify the situation. I'm not sure if that's only in my case (i.e. you may need to complain if you're in this situation as well), or if it'll be more broadly available. In any case, I'll post what I learn here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jonathandueck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonathandueck View Post
OK, I've just now heard back from the NokiaUSA supervisor's supervisor. They verified that the agent did tell me the code was valid (and I'm sure he believed it was! the ad appeared to say it would be as well). They let me know that perhaps a new code would be released to rectify the situation. I'm not sure if that's only in my case (i.e. you may need to complain if you're in this situation as well), or if it'll be more broadly available. In any case, I'll post what I learn here.
Hey Jon -- just checking to see if you've heard anything back...I'd love to see if I can still find some way to snag an N900 for $199

Hi--thanks for checking found. In the end, I was given what I believe to be a one-use code, given to me because I'd been told the deal was still on, though apparently according to Nokia USA it was not. It did work to reimburse the $280 in my case. I wonder if there won't be a future sale like this one, as the Meego device nears landing.

But in any case, my advice (if you bought an N900 during what you believed to be the sale) is to call Nokia back and push to receive the discount you were promised (if indeed, as in my case, you were promised one.)

Cheers,
Jon

The Following User Says Thank You to jonathandueck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ SF Bay Area
Just wondering why this forum is silent. On Nokia's frontpage there is a link to N900 for $199 promo with new flipswap code n900280. I was able to place an order several hours ago, and CSR did confirm that promo still active.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by vleek View Post
Just wondering why this forum is silent. On Nokia's frontpage there is a link to N900 for $199 promo with new flipswap code n900280. I was able to place an order several hours ago, and CSR did confirm that promo still active.
Wow, that's too good to pass up....I'm having a real hard time getting my basket with the phone in it to load up....

Last edited by olighak; 2010-08-31 at 00:00.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
From the wording on the page "while supplies last" it kind of sounds like this will be the last seen of the N900 on NokiaUSA.com, as the trade-rebate forms are valid for purchases made up to 30 days after the date on the form, so seems they're not planning to sell the phone again in the next 30 days.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ SF Bay Area
I guess it depends how they will sell out the rest of N900 inventory. They are definitely want to get rid of it, preparing to N9 and other models. The sale price may go down, or N900 may be just sold out, and that's the end of story. Other retailers (Dell, amazon) also keep the price at lowest point ever seen.