Active Topics

Hi Guys,
First post here. I work for MobiCity/Easy Mobiles. We have the N900-2 listed on our site as we've heard that it may be a variant to be released but all from unofficial sources and definitely nothing from Nokia. We get heaps of inquiries on whether there will be a N900 'NextG' (i.e. N900 with 3G 850MHz capability) being released so we put a product page up to keep our customers informed on the latest info we hear. We've been shipping N900's for a few weeks now and the feedback has been great. We just hope that Nokia is listening and decides to do an 850MHz release.

It would be very useful for our North American cousins as well!

Anyway, just so you know, we're very legitimate, we have support in Australia and Hong Kong (believe me, it costs a lot more than two pounds to set up a proper company there) and we pride ourselve on our ability to get new phones into Australia first and offer the highest possible customer service. Have a look at our feedback on Whirlpool and other reputable, consumer based Australian sites.

Cheers and have a great Christmas,
Darren

Last edited by Darren_MobiCity; 2009-12-22 at 03:59. Reason: spelling correction

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darren_MobiCity For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta, GA United States
Originally Posted by Darren_MobiCity View Post
We get heaps of inquiries on whether there will be a N900 'NextG' (i.e. N900 with 3G 850MHz capability) being released so we put a product page up to keep our customers informed on the latest info we here.
Since what you're really talking about here is the ability to run on AT&T's 3g network, shouldn't this mythical N900 be termed a 'PreG'? Notwithstanding all the recent surveys with dissatisfied AT&T customers and network problems, it seems like moving to AT&T is akin to the improvement that a tornado does to your house. :-)

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
Hey Darren, I bought my N900 from Mobicity and couldn't be happier with the process. Please thank Ash and Ryan for their assistance as they returned my calls quickly and dealt with my inquiries very professionally. I'd be proud of their efforts if I was their manager. And please advise Ash the mem card came quickly and is now sucking up a heap of junk as I type. Hope you guys have a great Christmas, cheers!

Are we basically saying that if when I move to Australia from the UK that I won't be able to get Next G on my N900?

My Blog

I'm in Aus. I have put a nextG sim in and I can make phonecalls + use web data. This is in a metropolitan area though. I think if i were to go out bush I would be stuffed.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Please add a question mark to the thread title to make it less misleading

Am posting this from my N900 on telstra broadband now, not sure at what point it would become a problem. It says connected at 3.5G.

EDIT: Using NextG Simcard. I am guessing this is not the NextG network though, just Tel$tras other network for city use.

Last edited by bandario; 2010-08-25 at 02:30.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne Australia
The N900 is not compatible with Telstra's Next G network (850Mhz), however it is compatible with their 2100Mhz 3G network. This network is only available in selected parts of the major captial cities. Their 2100 3G network doesn't extend to rural area's or to the outer metro suburbs. If your located in the suburbs/city then this probably explains why your able to get a 3G connection on Telstra.

Yeah, I bought my N900 outright knowing full well I will be unable to use it as my main handset come January when I move to a rural location. I'm not in contract though so it isn't too much of a problem, just not sure what other handset to get when I do have to switch to nextG.

The only half decent nextG handset on offer at the moment is the HTC desire but I cannot stand touchscreens or the poor audio quality so I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do.

Telstra are offering some pretty amazing data packages with the handset until November though (500mb per month on a $49 monthly cap with plenty of calls...that is way better than my current plan with three australia)

I am seriously considering signing up and getting a desire and then selling it straight away on ebay and waiting for something half decent to come along or just getting a basic slider. I really need to investigate how much coverage I can get using the nextG sim in my n900 first though as this would have to by my interim solution until I sort another handset. I will keep you all posted in this thread - I think as far as normal phone coverage goes telstra will still be pretty impressive on the N900. My only real concern is excess data costs due to 'roaming'.

Will swap sims with my girlfriend this weekend and see how far I can get until I have problems or no data etc and report back in here.

PS>I will keep my n900 anyway; internet tablet + 46gb awesome mp3 player is totally worth it

Last edited by bandario; 2010-08-26 at 03:50.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
lol I thought an N900 is natively running at 850Mhz CPU, man the title is misleading.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post: