Notices

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Yes, should've provided instructions on pinning it, it's cause the new package uses the old version number as PR1.2 depends on it.

Reinstall then pin it.

Code:
for x in pulseaudio libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0 pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-bluetooth pulseaudio-module-extra pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-hal pulseaudio-module-x11 pulseaudio-utils
do echo -e "Package: $x
Pin: release a=unstable 
Pin-Priority: 1001\n" >> /etc/apt/preferences
done
This will sound pretty noobish but whatcha going to do

So how do I copy paste that into x-term - I jus't dont fancy copying that lot by hand

Originally Posted by Arif View Post
Do NOT try to install NITDroid with this installed. It will disable sound in Maemo5
I had NitDroid installed that would explain it.

Hmm, hadn't noticed this at first.

On my "General" profile, I started getting no ringtone and no vibrate. Occasionally I get the "Nokia Tune" when my sound is configured to be the "Beep". I power-cycled, but no change.

What's fixed me in the short term was turning "Vibrate" OFF for my General profile. Curiously, after exiting the Settings app and returning to it, the General Profile listed "Vibrate" as ON, and my General profile began working again.

EDIT: Frustrated that "NokiaTune" was still popping up occasionally, I backed up /usr/share/sounds/NokiaTune.aac and copied Beep.aac over it. Then I replaced /home/user/.local/share/sounds/NokiaTune.aac.wav with Beep.aac.wav also. This is only a workaround though...

Last edited by wumpwoast; 2010-08-26 at 23:31.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
having same problem as above... ringtone works sometimes, sometimes is the default 'nokia' ones, sometimes no sound....... !! This needs more work

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
Ive notice a boosts in audio performance all around.. especially with speaker phone(louder) and flash(maybe just me but please test i think some how it gives us better performance)

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I also missed a call, and im sure its becuase of this... apparently it went straight to message bank.........!! its got to go

Originally Posted by humble View Post
Ive notice a boosts in audio performance all around.. especially with speaker phone(louder) and flash(maybe just me but please test i think some how it gives us better performance)
I notice it

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
having same problem as above... ringtone works sometimes, sometimes is the default 'nokia' ones, sometimes no sound....... !! This needs more work

unfortunately agree...have reverted to original pulseaudio...

cheers anyway though mohammedAG without your work we couldnt even test them

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
I also missed a call, and im sure its becuase of this... apparently it went straight to message bank.........!! its got to go

Originally Posted by moepda View Post
unfortunately agree...have reverted to original pulseaudio...

cheers anyway though mohammedAG without your work we couldnt even test them
I also noticed few missed calls (no ringing tone) and couple of missed alarms (no sound) during couple of last days. Very random operation. I couldn't repeat problems, so no idea what was going on when problems occured.

Anyway, Thanks to MohammedAG for bringing these updates to public.

If this problem will be fixed, I'll change back to improved pulseaudio.

I didn't feel any improvement when listening to music from the media player so I reverted back.

The only difference I could notice was a slight drop on CPU usage.