Active Topics

No feeding the developers alcohol. It is the root of AFK.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kiev, UA
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
i don't know then, is it old? although mine is about 2years+ old and it works fine, probably your best bet is to check out the NITDroid forum and take a look at the supported memory cards thread (cant remember the exact name of the thread) but i know there is a lot of stuff on there about memory cards and which ones do and dont work.
But as it is now NITDroid should be running smooth quick and pretty stable, although by no means without its bugs.
No no, I meant - that it works OK with Transcend class 6 16Gb memcard
I`m not kylepsp guy that having his nitdroid slow

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by volt View Post
No feeding the developers alcohol. It is the root of AFK.
Besides e_yes is most probably already drunk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
this will be ****ing epic!!!!!

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
2 questions.

1) can (will) nitdroid be able to run the kindle application? so I can have all of my books in a decent reader as opposed to having to use the keyboard to move pages in fbreader?

2) will easy debian run in nitdroid?

If the answer is yet to these then its bye bye maemo to me...

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
It's A good step for those who are developing alternatives OS like Ubuntu and others!!! keep up the good work!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
These guys are doing a great job porting Android to N900 - really impressive work. Can you imagine having the option to run Android, Maemo or maybe even Meego one day? Awesome! Thanks to all involved.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
1) can (will) nitdroid be able to run the kindle application? so I can have all of my books in a decent reader as opposed to having to use the keyboard to move pages in fbreader?
It should be able to, yes - I've not tried it though as I still need to do some more poking around to get the WLAN working. Is there some reason that the volume key or touchscreen page up/down don't work for you in fbreader? I've never had to open the keyboard when using it.

I doubt it. I don't think the command-line & X Server are as accessible under Android. I could be wrong though - I've only poked around with NITdroid briefly, and haven't used an Android phone.

2 questions.

If the answer is yet to these then its bye bye maemo to me...
1) I'm not sure why you need a keyboard to move pages in fbreader..later builds in extras-devel allow you to swipe up and down. But I imagine the Kindle application would work. You just have to get the .apk file somehow (market isn't working since it's not an authorized Google device).

2) I don't think so.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I just downloaded the Kindle application, it works perfectly.