Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I think we're just talking circles. The One Ring is a more integrated DialCentral equivalent. It lets me make calls via Google Voice and send/receive SMS as well.

At any rate (to keep somewhat on topic) it is written in python. After a couple of quick google searches, it appears to me that while python supports ipv6, it must be explicitly setup. So most python apps wouldn't necessarily work with ipv6 unless the author intends them to.

I'll guess it's possible for The One Ring to work with ipv6, if the maintainer adds the necessary python code/support. Don't know how easy that will work out to be though.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I think we're just talking circles. The One Ring is a more integrated DialCentral equivalent. It lets me make calls via Google Voice and send/receive SMS as well.

At any rate (to keep somewhat on topic) it is written in python. After a couple of quick google searches, it appears to me that while python supports ipv6, it must be explicitly setup. So most python apps wouldn't necessarily work with ipv6 unless the author intends them to.

I'll guess it's possible for The One Ring to work with ipv6, if the maintainer adds the necessary python code/support. Don't know how easy that will work out to be though.
Probably worth asking the maintainer.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I used the package here:

https://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/README

dead simple and everything seems to be working fine so far. Thanks to whoever made that.

I was able to SSH to my phone over 3G from my work PC. Nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I used the package here:

dead simple and everything seems to be working fine so far. Thanks to whoever made that.
You're welcome. Let me know if you run into any problems.

That was the first thing I did too

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by tmojoe View Post
Probably worth asking the maintainer.

I have, he's going to do a little research and look into it. No promises though.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I have, he's going to do a little research and look into it. No promises though.
Since tmobile is using DNS64+NAT64 there are two things the maintainer can do:

1. if they're trying to connect to a hostname, just do a AAAA lookup and connect to that (DNS64 takes care of routing the connection through NAT64)

2. if they just have an IPv4 address to connect to, try to figure out the NAT64 prefix: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web.../msg08666.html (specifically, option 6)

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
@ddrown

when i installed your way, i was not able to use wifi. so does it autolock to that connection only?

when i am at home, i have lietteally no coverage, so i use wifi for everything...but was unable to unless i put my phone into wifi only.

is there another setup you can create that will not "hard code" it but update our currently installe tmobile installation, or at least allow us to choose that connection seperately?

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
@ddrown

when i installed your way, i was not able to use wifi. so does it autolock to that connection only?

when i am at home, i have lietteally no coverage, so i use wifi for everything...but was unable to unless i put my phone into wifi only.
I believe you ran into an install bug. I updated the install instructions to include rebooting the n900 after installing the new connection. I have no trouble using wifi with the ipv6 module installed.

If you are still having trouble using wifi with the module installed and after rebooting, could you tell me more about what your phone is doing? Is it just the automatic switching to wifi that's broken? Does it work if you choose to switch to a wifi access point by hand?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
I used the package here:

i'm familiar with ssh @user-ip-address, how does ssh'ing work over 3G (terminal command)?

Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
i'm familiar with ssh @user-ip-address, how does ssh'ing work over 3G (terminal command)?
It's the same.

You can find the IPv6 address of your phone with either an ifconfig in the terminal or by going to www.whatismyv6.com. Once you have that address, you can ssh user@xxxxx, where xxxxx is your IPv6 address on the phone.

I am not sure what the default user is on the n900, but i assume you can create a user account with any valid name and password, or use root to SSH into the phone ... i have not done it myself.

Now, for this to work you have to have downloaded and installed the SSH sever and have it running. Same goes for FTP, HTTP, ... or whatever service you want to run on the phone.

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile