Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I use Sync on Firefox.. so it will sync the tabs i use on my computer which i can then use in Firefox on the n900.

Ohh and i am using Firefox 2.0 Alpha on my n900.. It renders the webpages really fast.. I think fastest on the n900. Still little slow startup though.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-08-30 at 06:39.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
it would be nice to use something with QR code maybe?

Nephridium: I've been toying with your script but I can't seem to get it working with Queen Beecon Widget. Any advice?

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Nephridium: I've been toying with your script but I can't seem to get it working with Queen Beecon Widget. Any advice?
Sorry, I've never used Queen Beecon Widget, while the name sounds enticing I'm not a huge fan of widgets on my mobile .

Maybe it has a problem with ncat waiting patiently in the background for any url, thus not "returning" (with an exit code) until you quit it?

Here is another method using SSH:

Code:
ssh <N900 IP address> dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_browser /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url string:"www.google.com"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tstone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
Here is another method using SSH:

Code:
ssh <N900 IP address> dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_browser /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url string:"www.google.com"
Awesome, this one is the best solution yet. Slightly slower than mine, but more secure and no need to set up a "dedicated listening server"

Ok, I managed to make a script that when it is executed, it will request a webpage to enter and then automatically send it over SSH.

For the script to work as I like, you need to have automatic authentication via RSA keys or whatever.

If anyone wants, I'll post it.

On the weekend (or whenever I get time), I'll make it request your N900 ip address for the first boot. As of now, it only works with an ip address specified in the script (192.168.2.6)

Only tested on Ubuntu 10.