Active Topics

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
so has anyone managed to cancel yet? i just received the text about charges beginning in october, and was thinking about cancelling.

The main question for me is that if people are able to successfully cancel their contract, do they still keep their n900 or do they need to return it?

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
The N900 is given to you as a gift at the start of the contract, it is not included in the T&Cs at all. They have no argument to use to ask for it back.

So yes, you should be able to keep it.

The Following User Says Thank You to adamFsmith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Originally Posted by adamFsmith View Post
The N900 is given to you as a gift at the start of the contract, it is not included in the T&Cs at all. They have no argument to use to ask for it back.

So yes, you should be able to keep it.
thanks for the clarification, i'm definetely going to try and cancel now

wow! that means that vodafone will be making heavy losses then if they are losing customers that were £30/month contracts for 24months and also the phone that retailed for £400+

this is brilliant in my opinion cause I never got any good customer service from them :P so serves them right hahaha!!

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Originally Posted by LaptopU View Post
It is disheartening how VF are acting. See this also http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/71...ost__p__467458

Have a look at your options here http://www.nokiadirect.co.uk/Pay-Mon...521/p26078.htm

Getting straight from Nokia Direct for £25 you could have that Vodafone offering, or alternatively you can get double the talktime minutes at 600, you get 500 texts and you get unlimited internet with a 1Gb fair use policy with T-Mobile.
The T-Mobile offering is indeed very tempting, thanks for the nokia-direct link, I think I'm going to go for that. I was on T-Mobile a few years ago and switched away after a few problems but from what I've heard lately they seem pretty reliable. 500 texts initially seemed a little questionable compared to unlimited but I really can't remember the last time I got close to that in a month.

My only concern is that maybe they, like O2 and VF will decide to suddenly impose strict usage limits while I'm stuck in a contract, I guess at the least I will still have the extra minutes and perhaps they won't treat me as badly as it seems vodafone treat their customers.

Cheers dude.

I still have not received a text, and BitterWallet claim that I do not need a text to cancel. So I think I will be rewriting my letter and cancelling.

Last edited by Snaps; 2010-08-31 at 09:09.

I texted "STOP" in reply to the first lot of texts (in July) because they were winding me up, not least because they were being sent at 1:30am!! However, they just sent me this one:

From Vodafone: To let you know you're nearly at the end of your monthly data allowance of 500MB. If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of £5 inc VAT per 500MB, however we won't start charging until 1 October 2010. To stop these alerts, text STOP to 40506 Sent AUG 30 @ 01:25 UK
I wonder why they've started texting me this - I think the first texts that I originally "stopped" didn't mention anything about charging.

I fully intend to cancel the contract if they charge me using the clause that others have mentioned.

That said, has anyone succesfully done this yet? I guess we have to wait until we're charged?

Originally Posted by bristoldave View Post
I texted "STOP" in reply to the first lot of texts (in July) because they were winding me up, not least because they were being sent at 1:30am!! However, they just sent me this one:

I wonder why they've started texting me this - I think the first texts that I originally "stopped" didn't mention anything about charging.

I fully intend to cancel the contract if they charge me using the clause that others have mentioned.

That said, has anyone succesfully done this yet? I guess we have to wait until we're charged?
You are now entitled to cancel. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/forum-53...rnet-charging/

Go and read this thread and cancel. 1 person has confirmed he has cancelled

Do you have to give the phone back?

Originally Posted by bristoldave View Post
Do you have to give the phone back?
Nope!

I just send out my cancellation letter. I will keep you all posted. I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY TEXTS FROM VODAFONE!

The Following User Says Thank You to Snaps For This Useful Post:
I've just received a message off Vodafone telling me i'm

"...nearly at the end of my monthly data allowance of 500mb."

It seems to contradict it's self.

"If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of £5 incVAT per 500mb, however we won't start charging until 1 October 2010."

So if i go over my limit this month or next month, will i be charged?
Or would i only be charged if i go over my 500mb limit in October?

Either way, thats a big change to the T&C's so i think a cancelation might be in order.

Tags
vodafone con