Notices

Dunno if anyone has asked this yet. Is there any chance it can load all of the media files and playlists automatically?

hi any news on the diablo os for the tablets

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Serbia
@andyph666: you can add the topmost folder where you store your music with Add Folder, then TomAmp will ask if you want to add all subfolders. If you answer yes, then all the playable sound files to the playlist.

@yukop4: sadly nothing, I barely had time to fix a few bugs in the fremantle version lately.... Hopefully I will have more time next month. Maybe someone with diablo dev chops could help...

Just released minor release 0.2.1, featuring a new icon, and some bugfixes. Grab it while it's hot!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
very small issue with current version
current song is bolded - but when moving the song up or down in the list, the song that takes the place of the current playing song gets bolded.

The Following User Says Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Version 0.3 has been released to extras-devel.

News:

* New application icon
* GUI redesign, new buttons, automatically readjusting toolbars on orientation change (no more Flip toolbars)
* Headphone sense (stop/resume on headphone remove/reinsert - the headphoned package is not needed!)
* Adjustable playlist font size
* Can load playlist-embedded streams (see this message)
* Settings dialog supports portrait mode
* Lots of other small fixes

Some screenies:

Landscape mode

Portrait mode

Large font

Tiny font

Bug reports and other comments are always welcome!

Last edited by TMarki; 2010-09-06 at 19:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
GREAT STUFF TMarki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is a player that have everything (ok, eq is not there, but it is clear that it is not going to be easy job...)
nevertheless, this is only thing i can suggest to you:
BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hear hear: leave just these buttons (and make them larger, so they can be "finger friendly" : play/pause, stop, repeat and shuffle (this two can be moved after the following two), and previous/skip, next/skip....
AND: the buttons for the aditionall formating and control of the playlist, can be hidden, and be activated with a some aditional key, and be placed OVER the control buttons.
AND BETTER YET: you could arrange buttons like they are arranged in most of PC players now, by folloving order: previous/skip, play/pause, stop, next/skip
and repeat, shuffle, move track up/down, delete, add, quee COULD BE HIDDEN (because, they are not used that much...)

this is one thing that it misses so it could be a best music player for the MAEMO! everything else is done excellent!!!!!!!!
great job man!

p.s. oh yes.... i have no internet connection these days, so i could not test a new version, but, is the volume bar completely hidden/shown over the seek bar, or it is a half/half shown (like in current version that i have...)
i'd like (it is more finger friendly) if it show/hides all over a seek bar, when pressed a volume button....

best regards!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
p.s. oh yes.... i have no internet connection these days, so i could not test a new version, but, is the volume bar completely hidden/shown over the seek bar, or it is a half/half shown (like in current version that i have...)
i'd like (it is more finger friendly) if it show/hides all over a seek bar, when pressed a volume button....
It is shown on the opposite side of the seek bar, like in this screenshot:

It auto-hides in a few seconds.

Also, thank you for the great comments, I'll try to do something like what you suggest for the next (minor) release.

I've promoted the package to Testing.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...mp/0.3-maemo0/

Please help TomAmp reach Extras with your vote. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
TMarki, in landscape mode I cannot see the volume control button ( on the lower right side) It is hidden under the progress bar, i guess. I can see /use the button in potrait mode.

Also the volume control bar hides when using it, should it be like this , or hide it after not used for sometime?

Last edited by Mc_mice; 2010-09-08 at 04:47.